SMC Discussion Areas
May 10, 2024, 09:56:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help with identification and value.  (Read 16535 times)
MaineT
Soda Jerks

« on: June 19, 2012, 07:58:39 pm »

I might be looking at this machine this week for a cheap pickup when I'm looking at something else. Does anyone know what it is? What would the value be? I would be looking for a quick paint job and turn it to the tourists fill some financial gaps, so I need it cheap, but cheap is all relative based on what I can get out of it. Supposedly it is in working condition.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  hopefull

« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 09:19:09 pm by MaineT » Logged

Tim
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 08:49:09 pm »

The logo looks a lot like a Mills, but you've got me stumped.  Looks pretty big, which might affect overall value, might me a dual-vend, which could help a little on the value.

johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 09:00:20 pm »

It's an relatively "rare" early model Choicevend Pepsi lightup, possibly a dual selection, but I seriously doubt it's in "working" condition being that the coin-entry bezel is missing along with the entire selection panel, not to mention that gaping hole below the door lock area, how do I know? I own a rare single select model, & this ones been picked over for some parts, unless they're down the street at a local swap meet... tounge

The large rectangular hole looks like someone took a chunk out to use as a patch panel on another machine, these machines have cast-metal augers that vend only 6-12 oz. glass bottles, later models with plastic augers will adapt to either bottles or cans. it still has it's light-up 3D Pepsi cap sign which is good, as they aren't reproduced ( It's a different size than a Jacobs Pepsi) & Gawd help you if the inside vending relay box is missing! or any of the vending motors! Coinmech is no problem as any 120 volt single-price mech will work.

So what I'm saying is it's a desirable find, ( Check out Jeff Walters collectable soda-machines book) but go over it very carefully as it's tough one to find parts for ( other than a Delf!)

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 09:08:06 pm »

PS this one weighs a TON (400lbs empty)

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
MaineT
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2012, 09:18:08 pm »

It's an relatively "rare" early model Choicevend Pepsi lightup, possibly a dual selection, but I seriously doubt it's in "working" condition being that the coin-entry bezel is missing along with the entire selection panel, not to mention that gaping hole below the door lock area, how do I know? I own a rare single select model, & this ones been picked over for some parts, unless they're down the street at a local swap meet... tounge

The large rectangular hole looks like someone took a chunk out to use as a patch panel on another machine, these machines have cast-metal augers that vend only 6-12 oz. glass bottles, later models with plastic augers will adapt to either bottles or cans. it still has it's light-up 3D Pepsi cap sign which is good, as they aren't reproduced ( It's a different size than a Jacobs Pepsi) & Gawd help you if the inside vending relay box is missing! or any of the vending motors! Coinmech is no problem as any 120 volt single-price mech will work.

So what I'm saying is it's a desirable find, ( Check out Jeff Walters collectable soda-machines book) but go over it very carefully as it's tough one to find parts for ( other than a Delf!)

I would love to check out the book, but I can't afford the $97 to buy one off ebay!!  What would the book say for range of value?? Sounds like it might be a pickup if its cheap and complete and forget the quick flip.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 09:22:16 pm by MaineT » Logged

Tim
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2012, 09:38:17 pm »

factor in the chiropractor's bill   =)

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
MaineT
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2012, 07:21:37 pm »

So it was a long day, but I think it was worth it. I went down for the jacobs 26, it is complete, we took the door off. I asked him about the package deal with choice vend, and he said he can do me one better. He threw in 4 sliders, a compressor out of a Junior, a Soda machine book (that I just posted that I cant find, 2nd edition), a cooler, and a stack of decals for projects, a bunch of hardware, etc!!!

Wicked nice guy, he retired 8 years ago and is just getting out of it. The 2 machines were priced very cheap, but with all of the throw in's it was a jackpot.

all 4 sliders have 4 cap catchers, and one had the coin unit. one is a double dot Pepsi!!!

The choice vend was all there, the hole is from the can opener that was out. it has the can mechanism in it. He plugged it in and it was getting cold. He had all of the front coin-entry bezel and buttons in a box as he was intending to restore it and started taking the stuff off.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 04:02:23 am by MaineT » Logged

Tim
MaineT
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2012, 07:22:25 pm »

Throw in.

Tim
MaineT
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2012, 07:23:50 pm »

The bottom cooler was a throw in, the top one was just a great deal!!!

Tim
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2012, 07:28:03 pm »

Quite the score there. Congrats.
Creighton
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: