SMC Discussion Areas
May 10, 2024, 02:31:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: V80 value  (Read 14589 times)
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2012, 08:10:47 pm »

Great story and nice machine! Congrats.

Off topic, apologies. How do you like the Nikon D-60?
I have a D-3000 nice but too big. Using a Canon G9 for point and shoot but not thrilled with it.

Thanks!
Creighton

Thanks Creighton,
I like the D60 a lot.  To me it is the perfect combination of size and point-shoot with manual override capability.  Plus being a Nikon DSLR I have the potential for a huge selection of nice Nikor lenses I can put on it.

Embossed Coke Ideal 55 Slider
VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2012, 08:35:37 pm »

If you decide to replace the gasket, you had better plan on replacing the door liner too as the existing one is cracked at every screw hole under the gasket. The plastic liners do not take well to re-install

To make it look nicer for now, you could take a blade and scrape the paint off the gasket, it doesn't stick to rubber very well.

Glen
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2012, 08:48:11 pm »

Good advice - thanks Glen, I will start with a scotch pad and work my way up in abrasiveness to see how much I can remove from the gasket.  The good news is that Fun-Tronics makes a liner repro and complete gasket so if I do go down that road, the parts are available.

Speaking of parts - does anyone have a service manual for this beastie?  I did not see one in the downloads section.  Before I plug it in and start playing around, I would like a reference point that I can resort to if I can't figure something out.

Thanks!
Jim

VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2012, 09:08:35 pm »

Jim,

Nice looking machine!  They did get a little happy with the spray can though.

Don't drill the lock, you can order a replacement key from Fun-tronics:

http://www.fun-tronicsllc.com/index.php?crn=256&rn=1282&action=show_detail

I ordered one for my V-81 and it worked like a charm.  Mine was locked in the closed position so I had to wait a few days before I could get in.  The manual is in the download section.  Download the one that says "Coolers Vendo hot" on page 3 of the download section just below the download entitled "Vendo 56-81-110".  The Vendo 80 is covered on pages 52-70 of this download.

I am sure that some of the experts on here can help you with wiring issues but you will definitely want to re-wire that before you plug it in to be on the safe side.  You can probably get the harness from FT as well.  I understand that machine can be modified to vend cans which would make it a great everyday user!

Glad the seller held it and everything worked out.

drinking Tim drinking

PS a great trick for loading and unloading machines in a car like your Jetta Wagon is to keep a 32" piece of 2" PVC pipe in the car.  Tip the machine onto the rear of the car, get the pipe under the machine, lift from the bottom and it will roll right in.  Don't forget to pad the door latch as this will crease the side of the machine.  Works great for unloading too.  I have loaded and unloaded many machines by myself with this technique. I always keep a section of PVC and a couple of stadium blankets in the back of my Dodge Journey just in case I run across a machine!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 09:35:36 pm by mznb1u » Logged
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2012, 09:22:23 pm »

Great score! Funtronics can hook you up! Good idea about setting it for cans.
I think that is a great machine... Moondawg could talk/walk you through putting
on a new cord.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 09:25:49 pm by Eric » Logged

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2012, 02:43:33 pm »

Thanks Tim! Yes, quite a bit of over-spray, but I am pretty pleased with the quality of the finish on the outside of the machine overall.  It is definitely good enough that it does not say "paint me NOW". 

I had grabbed a copy of that manual, but I totally missed the V-80 section <d'oh!>

I used a piece of cardboard and a large thick towel to load in basically the same fashion, but the PVC pipe is a great idea and a lot more efficient.  Frankly, I wasn't aware that the V-80 was short enough to fit in the Jetta, I was planning to pay a deposit on it and come back to pick it up this weekend.   I'm glad I measured it - it's a long trip.   Cool

Thanks as well for the tip on the keys.  I was hoping that I would be able to get a key with the code on the lock, as opposed to drilling or going the locksmith route.  The code on my lock is on the Fun-Tronics list - so I'll be ordering a key shortly as soon as I figure out what other bits and pieces I need.

VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: