SMC Discussion Areas
May 09, 2024, 07:57:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: V80 value  (Read 14586 times)
Slider-Bob
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2012, 08:40:43 am »

Sorry Jim...you didn't originally say it was only $400.  I'd grab it in a minute for that!  Good luck.

Restored Coke 81D
Restored Pepsi, 7up VMC 81
Restored Popperette
Restored Wayne 60
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2012, 02:36:28 pm »

Got it!
More story/pictures to come ... gotta get back to work.   Cool

BTW...I Vendo 80 will fit nicely  in a Jetta Sportwagen.    biggrin

Embossed Coke Ideal 55 Slider
VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2012, 02:37:34 pm »

SWEET!   drinking
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2012, 03:10:45 pm »

Congrats!

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2012, 12:33:50 pm »

So, here's the story:

I contacted the seller on Friday at lunch time - I didn't notice, but apparently the ad had only been up for about 10 minutes when I saw it. 

A very nice older lady called me back and told me about the machine.   Yes, complete and working/cooling.  It was located about 90 minutes south of where I work.  I told her that I was VERY interested in it, but would not be able to get there before Monday.  I told her that my son had a little league game Friday night, so I would not be able to get down there and back in time. I also explained that I was out of town for a car show Saturday, and my wife and I were doing a 25 mile bike ride on Sunday.    The bike ride was the ticket!   It turns out that she is also a cyclist and so we got to chatting a bit about the ride Tina and I were doing Sunday before we settled on Monday afternoon for me to come see the machine. 

The last thing she said to me was "of course, I hope you understand that I am selling it to the first person with cash".   I sweated it all weekend, but she did promise to call me if it sold so I wouldn't waste a trip.

Fast forward to Monday morning and my cell phone rings... uh-oh.  Luckily it was her asking if I was still planning to come down and look at the machine!  When I got there, I asked her if she had many calls about it, and she said "oh yes, we had about 15-20 calls and emails, but I told my husband that I wanted to give the first chance to the nice guy who is a fellow bicycle rider".    Cool

It is still in the back of my Jetta, waiting for my oldest to get home from school to help me unload it, but here is proof that a V80 will fit very nicely in a Jetta Sportwagen.   happydrinkers

I'll post more pics when I get it unloaded and into the garage.

VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
Slider-Bob
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2012, 01:40:39 pm »

Congrats Jim!

I guess it really isn't scrap material after all! laugh

And a good story to boot.  The bike story worked for you, huh?

Maybe I'll have to use the "I can't come see it on Sunday to buy it because I'm in church all day helping with the runaway Youth program!"

Nah...that'll never fly!  hopefull

Restored Coke 81D
Restored Pepsi, 7up VMC 81
Restored Popperette
Restored Wayne 60
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2012, 01:45:21 pm »

Maybe I'll have to use the "I can't come see it on Sunday to buy it because I'm in church all day helping with the runaway Youth program!"

Nah...that'll never fly!  hopefull

Thanks Bob!   I really was at a bike ride all day Sunday!  Afterwards a 40-50 MPH gust of wind came up out of nowhere and blew a bunch of papers around at the pavilion where the ride ended.  One of the club members mentioned that it was God reminding us that we had made the choice to go for a bike ride instead of church.  I replied to him that I did much more praying during the ride than I do any day in church!   hopefull

VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2012, 03:23:58 pm »

Awesome ending... Glad you got it.. great price! Congrats! happydrinkers

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2012, 03:49:21 pm »

On closer inspection it really does seem to be in decent condition.  The power cord will need to be replaced ('critters' got at it and there are some bare wires showing) and I'll need to either replace the lock or get a new key.  Fortunately, the key was lost while the door was in the OPEN position.     

The paint job is 'decent' - definitely an amateur job, lots of overspray - on the door seal (will need to replace that too), inside the coin door, on the Jones plug, etc. but it should polish up well enough on the outside.  The liner looks in good nick and everything else has a nice patina but isn't trashed.   Letting it settle for a day since it was on its back, before I temporarily plug it in (have to isolate those bare wires first) to really check on all of the functions and see where I'm at project-wise.

Some higher-res pics on my website:  http://littlebluespitfire.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=6670

VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2012, 06:21:34 pm »

Great story and nice machine! Congrats.

Off topic, apologies. How do you like the Nikon D-60?
I have a D-3000 nice but too big. Using a Canon G9 for point and shoot but not thrilled with it.

Thanks!
Creighton

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: