SMC Discussion Areas
May 13, 2024, 07:16:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: General cost restoring a machine on your own.  (Read 9087 times)
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2010, 01:29:55 pm »

Chris is right. Make sure you document everything before taking it apart and then put everything in bags and label them. I have bought several machines from people that started restorations and couldn't finish them. Also if your going to do it make sure you do it right. Don't cut any corners and don't try to save money by not doing certain things. I have seen some bad looking restorations that people have sunk a small fortune in them. If you do it right then you wont have this problem. These machines are not too hard to restore. Good luck and keep us updated on the progress.
rr82
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2010, 11:08:22 pm »

Chris is right. Make sure you document everything before taking it apart and then put everything in bags and label them. I have bought several machines from people that started restorations and couldn't finish them. Also if your going to do it make sure you do it right. Don't cut any corners and don't try to save money by not doing certain things. I have seen some bad looking restorations that people have sunk a small fortune in them. If you do it right then you wont have this problem. These machines are not too hard to restore. Good luck and keep us updated on the progress.
Yes, I agree about not cutting corners doing it right or not doing it at all. Documenting, photo's, labels, rubbermaids, referencing ect... is the only way to do this. I am everyday getting great new contacts from this forum and everything is starting to click. As soon as the first screw is taken out I'll start posting. I really appreciate the helping hand that the members that I have been talking to on this forum have given. You guys are great!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 11:10:24 pm by rr82 » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: