SMC Discussion Areas
May 14, 2024, 09:44:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: vendo 39 restoration manual  (Read 10503 times)
kev_7680
5 Cent Member

« on: October 31, 2011, 10:12:43 pm »

Hi all.I have just bought my first vintage coke machine a vendo 39.I was looking at finding a how to restore manual online but i can only find a old copy of the manual and it just tells you how to load drum.Does anyone know where i might be able to find a how to restore manual?Also i was wondering if i can get some opinions on restoring it or not?It is original,cools great,runs quiet,has lock and key,coin mech original and working.The guy i got it from said his dad worked for coke and got it when they took it back to get painted from original red to the red with white top.The paint is pretty scratched up,you can see where they painted the white over the red at top.I was wondering if i should leave it original but scratched or take it apart and restore it?I know with furnature if you restore it it losses it value...thanks for your time ...kevin.G
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 10:17:28 pm by kev_7680 » Logged
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 10:35:26 pm »

I don't think your going to find a "restoration manual" anywhere.. not sure if something like even exists..
the vendo 39 is a very common machine, but still very sought after...

to restore or not to restore.. is a question you need to ask yourself.....

do you like the way it is? would you put in your house that way? you want it shiney like a new penny? do you have the time, skills and patience to restore it yourself or the Money to hire it done by a professional?

Lots to think about when owning an old vending machine

as far as value.. it all depends on what your looking to do with it..

to put money into the restoration, thinking you'll make a killing on it afterwards.. probably not as the money into it will pretty much determine the value...

leave is as, maybe just clean it up ? might be the way to go if it's displayable enough for your taste.

Good luck!

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
BrianS
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 11:28:31 pm »

I have seen these on Ebay for a number of different models.  I have no idea who put them together or how detailed they are, but it may be a place to start if your looking for a feel of what the process entails.  Actually think the best way to figure it out is to spend a couple hours doing research on this site.  Anyone have any knowledge of these manuals and if they are of any value?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vendo-39-Coke-Machine-Restoration-Manual-73-Pages-/130561038208?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e660b5780

Brian

Vendo 56 - restored
Vendo 81 - in progress
Vendo 39 - in the rough
Rockola 1428 - Original
1959 Williams Pinch Hitter
Wurlitzer 1400
1930 Koken Barber Pole
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 06:46:49 am »

Welcome to the site, Kevin!  And congrats on what will be your first machine of many if you are like the rest of us. biggrin

The Vendo 39 was the first vintage machine that I acquired.  I bought a repring of a parts and service manual and other than it being a nice thing to have to go along with the machine, I feel it was pretty much a waste of money.  There are enough people on this site who have worked on 39's who can guide you along the way.  My suggestion would be to save the money and put it into the refurb/restoration.

drinking Tim drinking

kev_7680
5 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2011, 11:05:50 am »

I was looking at the package manual on ebay.I have a refridgeration guy up the street that charges me a beer to do any work and i have a budy who does auto body work.So i need to figure out if i take it apart ill be able to put it back together.I like the fact that it is original,but i also drool when i look at the restorated ones......thanks for the input guys.....
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2011, 11:12:32 am »

The Ebay "restoration manual" is nothing more than copies of the service manuals. Yes it is useful information, and  helpful, but  it won't  take you step by step  through a tear down and rebuild.

Search the older posts, they have a wealth of information on  the restore process. The first thing to know if you decide to go the resotre route is  pictures. Take lots of pictures.  Use ziploc bags to store parts, and lable  the bags.

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: