SMC Discussion Areas
May 14, 2024, 09:54:43 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plexiglass Haze  (Read 3470 times)
fabes
5 Cent Member

« on: October 05, 2011, 04:35:39 pm »

I took my bottle door apart to clean the glass and the plexiglass. I cleaned the glass and it looks really nice. But, my pexiglass is extremely hazy on some parts and nice and clean on other parts. My guess is that it's the rope caulking that has smeared. I've tried all purpose cleaner, glass cleaner, soap and water, and goof off. It won't budge. Any suggestions on what will clean this up? 

Thanks for all your help!
-Pete
------------
fabes23@gmail.com
rayg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 05:00:27 pm »

maybe try that stuff they sell for car head lights to get right of haze and scratches

1954 Stoner Senior
1964 United Orbit shuffle bowler   
1973 Cavalier USS-96
1976 Atari Night Driver
1979 Space Invaders Deluxe
1980 Centipede Cabaret (60in1)
1984 Williams Laser Cue Pinball
1993 IGT Wild Cherry Slot
1996 Police Trainer
2016 Visual Pinball Machine
Member : Michigan Mafia
fabes
5 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 05:02:24 pm »

It's only going to cost me $10 for a new piece of plexiglass. Gunna go that route. I figure if i gotta buy a new cleaning product for $5-10, may as well get a brand new piece.

-Pete
------------
fabes23@gmail.com
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 05:08:35 pm »

Take that piece of plexi to a glass shop and have them cut it in glass, better yet make all 3 new pieces......it looks so much better especially if there is light behind it!

Glen
fabes
5 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 05:10:38 pm »

Glen,
It's for a vertical 6 case. No lighting and only 2 pieces (1 glass, 1 plexi) in the vertical 6 case.

1. Should I still have them do it in glass instead of plexi?

2. And what about the 1/4" hole that's in the plexiglass? Does that hole need to be there?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 05:25:07 pm by fabes » Logged

-Pete
------------
fabes23@gmail.com
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2011, 06:09:41 pm »

Sure, have new glass made since you are this far into it. The hole serves a purpose and they should also have the tool to drill it for you.

Glen
fabes
5 Cent Member

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2011, 06:13:19 pm »

I'll have to see if they'll drill the glass for me. I asked them to drill the plexi and they said the won't do it. Doesn't sound promising....

-Pete
------------
fabes23@gmail.com
Ken R
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2011, 06:17:17 pm »

For those that have run into the hazy thing before, and those that have been in the military may know what I'm talking about, but I've used the stuff known as "never-dull" or for the really older guys, "duraglit", that is a soft cottony like material with a cleaning agent in it.  It is what we used to use to shine our brass with before they came out with all the anodized brass.  I've tried it on headlights and it works really great.  I have not had to try it on too many other things, but I assume it would work, and a small tub lasts a long time.  If you just put the piece back in and keep it sealed up, you can even reuse it until it gets just too dirty to use any longer.  Anyway, just a recommendation to try in case no one has ever heard of it or tried it before.

Ken

Vendolator VMC-149
Vendolator VF-56-7
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: