SMC Discussion Areas
May 12, 2024, 08:51:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Conversion 39?  (Read 9805 times)
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2006, 11:20:12 am »

Any information about this conversion company? Were they working for Vendo or buying machines for resale?  This is the early model 39, production started in 1949.  If the conversion was done after the mid-50's, it seems they would have enough foresight to also convert it to the upcomming electric coin mechanism.

Glen
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2006, 11:35:37 am »

Glen,

I see your point, but also remember that Vendo had the V-44 and V-23 in their cooler line into the early 60's and these machines were still mechanical... I don't have any documentation regarding Selectivend's conversion models and when they were specifically produced.
I would bet they saw an opportunity to buy complete machines at very affordable prices, tool the conversion for minimal costs and have a machine on site generating revenue for next to nothing compared to manufacturing their own model.

My six cents,

Jim

sodaworks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2006, 05:30:33 pm »

I'm thinking that there might have been a article in "club soda magazine" about these a few years back. I will check it out when I get back to my office at work.

TERRY@SODAWORKS RESTORATIONS
Lots of Round Top machines
Buy-Sell-Trade-Restorations
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: