SMC Discussion Areas
May 25, 2024, 04:36:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm NOT a collector - but need your advice...  (Read 15520 times)
cjohnson
« on: November 13, 2007, 07:50:20 pm »

Hi there,

I am not a collector and know NOTHING about it - but I thought this would be the best place to post my question because you all are clearly the experts!

My husband LOVES coca cola in the bottle.  I was thinking for Christmas that I would try to track down some sort of coca cola machine that we can keep in our garage that would house the bottles.  However, I have NO idea where to start - much less how much money we are talking about.

I really just want something that will work and keep the bottles cold - but maybe what I want is such a rare thing that I will have to pay thousands for it.  Does anyone have any suggestions on where I should start looking or how much I may end up paying?

Thanks so much!!

Cindy
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 08:05:10 pm »

Hi Cindy. Price greatly depends on what you are looking for. Most bottle machines prior to 1960 had rounded top corners and are considered more valuable. If you are just looking for a garage machine and don't care much about value I would suggest a post 1960 square top machine. The most common being the Cavalier 64's or Vendo 56 or 63. These are nice machines and are in fact my favorite. You can usually get a descent one that works but isn't in perfect condition for about $200 to $350. Where do you live someone here might have one for sale.   
aspbear
25 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2007, 08:15:04 pm »

I agree it is all about what you want but you can watch around in your area and pick up a working machine for 200 or so,  just make sure when you buy one that it does run and cool before you put the money out. It normally only take 20 to 30 minutes for one of the smaller machines to cool down and you can listen for it to cycle.  Most of the 56's and 64's would be an ideal size for the garage.

What a nice wife you are to be looking for a machine for your husband but we warn you this can be habit forming just ask my wife....

aspbear
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2007, 08:34:06 pm »

My husband LOVES coca cola in the bottle.  I was thinking ............

Cindy

You will find a single-vend round corner machine at a very reasonable price.

Glen
Pat Pixley
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2007, 09:41:26 pm »

Hi Cindy   Josh is in the right dept.  for the garage a nice Vendo 56 or 63
or Cavalier 64 or 80  those are nice machine easy to get parts for  and
great machine's  they look great all lite up in a dark garage at night or on
the patio .
   So those would be the models I would be looking for
I also would ask  if any one on the board may live in your
area that may have one of these models.

Pat
cjohnson
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2007, 08:38:49 am »

Thank you to all of your for your help.  Now that I know what to look for, does anyone  have any idea where I can find it?  Do I just search online for it?  Thanks so much...  I truly apprecaite it!!

loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2007, 10:04:39 am »

I would try here first. We all help fellow members. Just say what city and state you are in and someone here might be able to help you. You won't meet a better group of people anywhere. I have been on here for several years and i consider all of the members here are like family. 
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2007, 10:11:38 am »

If nobody on this site can help you with one, try your local Craigslist, check the classifieds in your local newspaper. Maybe even put an want ad on Craigslist or your local newspaper - then, of course, there is eBay.
Word of mouth is also good, tell everybody you know (that won't tell your husband) what you want to do. You'd be surprised - somebody may know a neighbor or a friend that has one just sitting in their garage.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 10:14:30 am by collecture » Logged

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2007, 10:17:11 am »

Let us know where you are located... Most of us have an extra or two or 10 Machines lying around, or we could locate one in your area for you..

Good luck

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
cjohnson
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2007, 10:18:01 am »

Let us know where you are located... Most of us have an extra or two or 10 Machines lying around, or we could locate one in your area for you..

Good luck

Wow - you all are great!  I live in Charlotte, NC.  If anyone can help me locate one, I'd greatly appreciate it!!

Thanks!!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: