SMC Discussion Areas
May 18, 2024, 07:03:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wilma  (Read 7604 times)
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2005, 09:16:37 pm »

Glad to read the family is ok, nothing else matters. Thanks for the work you do and hope things improve soon!!
Creighton
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2005, 05:01:58 pm »

I am at the end of power lines, they predict about a month.  Enough about me, how about Jim?  Anyone heard?  From what has been said I am assuming that Jim lives somewhere here in south Florida.  Jim, if you read this, anything I might try to help you with?
dr galaga
Soda Jerks

Sorry, but it's a POP MACHINE!

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2005, 05:17:00 pm »

Jim lives just north of West Plalm Beach.  
Boy, I'm glad that I live up north (remind me I said this afer we have an ice storm and blizzard this winter).

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
The ultimate glass bottle soda site: www.GlassBottleSoda.org
My gameroom: Arcade80s.net
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2005, 06:00:59 pm »

Born and raised in Michigan.  Never thought much about winter.  Just another time of year with different activities.  Summer time, water and softball.  Winter. occasional skating or tobogganing, move inside to Bowling league, Pinochle league.  

Florida, year around scuba diving, fishing.  Love both, rarely have time for either.  Do go and fly a kite once and awhile.
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2005, 02:51:53 pm »

I'm back online...
I got both electric and phones restored the other day while I was at work.
Work is running off generator power but the City computer network is not functioning so I couldn't keep in touch...

I hope everyone that has been effected by Wilma is doing OK...

Bill,
Thanks for the message!
We're doing fine as things up in Stuart aren't as bad as Dade, Broward and Palm Beach. My turn was last year when the two storms came through.

My six cents,

Jim

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2005, 04:00:04 pm »

You are light years ahead of me.  I am on the very end of a circuit.  We are always last to be restored.  Picked up 4 blue plastic 55 gal drums today.  Putting them on the roof this weekend.  A few pieces of PVC piping, and a temporary solar water heater.  I hate those cold showers.  Still without electricity or telephone.  Have Sunday and Monday off, it will be Tuesday afternoon before I will be back on line at work.  This old man is stiff and sore from hand cutting branches, got ahold of a chain-saw last night.  Look out neighbors.  Glad you are Okay, take care.
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2005, 01:53:49 pm »

Lights came on two nights ago, DSL today.  The telephone had been working some, now not at all.  Wish they would get it all together.  

USMC Vet, got the DVD a couple of days ago, ready to proceed.  Will be looking up the original post and see if we can find what your looking for.  

Dr. Galaga (hope I spelled that correctly)  will be looking up the Manuals post, also ready to proceed there.

Lights and hot water for showering, AHHHHH!
dr galaga
Soda Jerks

Sorry, but it's a POP MACHINE!

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2005, 07:20:06 pm »

You should get get them right after the weekend.  I sent them Book Rate (Media Mail) since you still didn't have power! ':p'

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
The ultimate glass bottle soda site: www.GlassBottleSoda.org
My gameroom: Arcade80s.net
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2005, 11:04:49 am »

Be looking for them.  One thing that has been steady is the mail.  The junk mail gets through when nothing else is working.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: