SMC Discussion Areas
May 18, 2024, 03:42:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Using Craigslist Like eBay  (Read 16597 times)
MaineT
Soda Jerks

« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2014, 08:21:35 pm »

Jbrooks, how much are you selling them for unrestored? $195? Restored?

The people around here pay for stuff. They dried up years ago.  Yes, go to the Midwest and the shows and you'll get them cheaper. I know they are worth nothing, but there is a shop near me that tapes them off, paints them (the worst paint job ever!) and sells as many as they can get.  The lady said they easily go thru 20 per summer. They typically have little ones, not the good tall ones. I suspect they have them shipped in off eBay because I've seen unrestored ones on pallets. The sell coke coolers and an occasional candy machine if they can find them. Their prices are thru the roof and they still sell all day long.

Tim
jbrooks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2014, 09:51:27 pm »

Being in the New York area it generally costs somewhere in the $400 range to get a decent project so no I would not sell an unrestored one for $195 (the guy we're all talking about has a pump with some major issues though, that base and second door is a $400-600 problem)

Here is the first pump I had professionally restored, before and after pictures. This one was for me, the next one is also for me.  The other 2 when all said and done I will be selling for $2500 each.
Smallblock
10 Cent Member

« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2014, 07:58:03 pm »

Nice dino pump  smile!!    Is it your -67 impala?
jbrooks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2014, 10:03:21 pm »

no, the Impala is parked outside my restorers shop...its his car
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: