SMC Discussion Areas
May 25, 2024, 02:29:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ok Shame on me.. I think I got Scammed  (Read 17827 times)
kbareit
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2013, 04:29:34 pm »

Sorry to hear about this John,

So far I have pretty much stuck with Ebay, Craigslist and fellow members for buying parts and machines without any problems. I know it sucks but wish to thank you for letting us know about this so we don't get ripped off also. It takes a big man to admit that a scammer got you and I respect you for that.

Ken

Cavalier 27
Jacobs 26
Ideal 55 Hires root beer, 7-Up restored
Ideal 55 Pepsi, Barqs original
Double cola,Squirt,Nesbitts,Canada Dry on deck
3 Westy 60's
3 Westy 78's
Cav 72 original
S&S 1400 WD2 Pepsi
Stoner Junior
cokecolaman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2013, 07:49:59 pm »

I think I had texted him about the same clock...I told him I wanted to come see it in person and where is it..he told me the city, but was very vague...I said I need an address ( it really was too far away to see In person , but this takes care of 95% of the scammers)...he texted me back about ten times but never would give me an address...even after I told him I was no longer in the area, he reassured me that we could still some how do the deal...I told him no thanks and he still texted me 3 more times...

VMC Coke 88 (nice original)
VMC Pepsi 81
VMC Orange Crush 81
VMC Squirt 81
VMC Dr. Pepper 81
VMC RC 81
VMC 7up 81 st
Vendo 44 original
Jacobs 56 Pepsi
Cavalier 33
brasskey
25 Cent Member

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2013, 08:24:20 pm »

John - if you want to see if he's avoiding your calls, just set up a new gmail account and get a new google voice number and call him from that number. You can get any area code number you want for free.
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2013, 08:33:17 pm »

That sucks! darn

drinking Tim drinking

mygoose101
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2013, 08:33:44 pm »

Don't spend to much time on this. Do your follow ups and I'm not saying don't try at all but you don't want to get to wrapped up where it pisses you off daily because in the end all that anger adds up. You already lost the $1,000, don't add to that debit with countless hours because your time is valuable as well.

Quick story, I bought a 81A off e-bay years ago for $1,000 out of state. Got here fine with no issues. He later contacted me saying he had 2 other 81's and wanted the same $1,000 ea. for them. I already felt I knew him and trusted him so we did the deal out of e-bay, sent him the $2,000 and he disappeared. Dropped his e-bay account, killed his phone number, everything.

I was determined to find this guy so I spent days on this exploring every possible avenue and got nowhere. I was hard to live with during that time, wife was more upset on what it was doing to me rather then loosing the 2 grand.

It was then when Moondawg told me to quit my crying and not to let it affect doing what I loved in buying, selling, restoring coke machines. He also reminded how much money I had made in coke machines so I did get over it.

I will be honest in saying I do still think about it now and then. Damn that guy.

Vendo 81A Original
Vendo 81B Original
Vendo 81D Restored
Vendo 56 Restored
VMC Pepsi 81 Restoredx2
Cavalier 72
Ideal Embossed Coke Slider
Stoner Theater Restored
Stoner Theater w/Gum Wheel Restored
Stoner Jr. Restored
Seeburg V200 Jukebox Restored
Seeburg 100C
Seeburg 100R
Seeburg 100W
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2013, 09:12:32 pm »

John,

Very sorry to hear this story...
Reviewing the thread on oldgas sounds like this guy is still continuing to rip people off ! ! !
Hopefully something will come out of this...

My six cents,

Jim

ClassicCokeLover
10 Cent Member

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2013, 10:06:28 pm »

Well, you do have some recourse. Go to your local Post Office and ask to speak to the Postmaster. File a Postal Fraud claim and give them the PO Box that the check was mailed to. They can look into it and find name and contact info. Postal Fraud is a Federal Offense.

Glasco GBV-50 (original)
Glasco GBV-50 (restored)
Moderne Vendor 1920's Hershey Machine
5 Cent Hershey Machine NOS
Adams Gum Machine
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2013, 10:09:29 pm »

Yeah just read that thread on old gas tonight as well. I'm not letting it go just yet. I got a lot of fight in me yet. And after I posted this. He actually did text me telling me he was out if town and just getting caught up on emails and phone calls. He texted me three times tonight assuring me they where on a grey hound only a few days away from me. But of course couldn't provide any proof. So well see how this works out till the weekend. In the meantime I'm talking with the guy on old gas as well about what we can do as a group of other scammees.  To get him. Well see.

This is not my first long distance transaction but I should have insisted on PayPal or some more secure way of paying. I guess the days of trusting my gut are done.  

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
ClassicCokeLover
10 Cent Member

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2013, 10:20:13 pm »

Ya, I agree. Those days are gone. I remember a guy in Japan sent me $300 cash in the mail for an old camera I sold. WHAT??? And another time I sent  a Western Union M/O to a guy in Germany for some old military stuff. I received the items all ok. But will never do this type of transaction nowadays.

Glasco GBV-50 (original)
Glasco GBV-50 (restored)
Moderne Vendor 1920's Hershey Machine
5 Cent Hershey Machine NOS
Adams Gum Machine
Kaleid20
Soda Jerks

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2013, 10:22:05 pm »

Hang in there John. What goes around comes around, I firmly believe that. This guy seems to be rather sloppy, so I don't doubt it will all catch up with him soon.

Vendo 81D, 56, 44, 23 standard
Westy WE-6, WD-5, WH-5T
Cavalier 51, 72, C-12
Victor C-18
Dr Pepper Vendo 90
Dole Super Dispenser
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: