SMC Discussion Areas
May 27, 2024, 03:11:23 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Did anyone get this? It was on Ebay and I was bidding...but guy ended it  (Read 16571 times)
Seven181
Soda Jerks

« on: March 03, 2012, 07:27:13 pm »

Anyone here get this? Was going after it for the kids. Very neat!

Brian  happydrinkers
memorylane
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 09:59:40 pm »

What this machine?Huh?Huh?Huh?? EarlyBird got the worm....Smiley Thats a picture of the guy that sold it. Very heavy. Will be here Sunday by noon.
Curtis, Memory Lane Restorations
www.retrovending.com
memorylane
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 10:01:37 pm »

This machine works after all these years and is complete.
memorylane
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 10:14:06 pm »

Original ad. This machine is as rare as they come, happy to have coming home:)
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2012, 10:37:40 pm »

Yep I guess That Even Know Some of us were Bidding Legally .Other Just Walk over the little guy .It was In My Back Yard (With IN 50 Miles )
I learn again

O yea !!!  Money Talks and Bull $#$% walks .
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 10:43:32 pm by Ltransam » Logged

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2012, 10:51:09 pm »

It looks like it didn't have a reserve, is that right?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&hash=item256d88ba05&item=160751467013&nma=true&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&rt=nc&si=YT9V8qHj3WBziZoyA3M9s0zXn5s%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

That does stink if he ended it while it had bids.

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
memorylane
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2012, 10:57:49 pm »

Yes it sure does, This might be a hobby for you but keep in mind it's a business for me and business is business and I have know way of knowing whos bidding. If it's rare and a customer says pay what you need to pay to get, he will own it. Anyone out there could have emailed this guy and made him an offer as I did and they would have because there was another guy coming at 10am sunday if my guy did not show up. so for that I'm happy to have it for my customer. The guy could have said no I'm letting the auction run but he didn't. I was instructed to put $3800.00 high bid if he wouldn't end the auction. If you all were willing to have paid more, then I'm sorry, if not I got a hell of a deal.
TheGarbageHunter
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2012, 10:58:43 pm »

That sucks! To bad man, good luck finding another one.

Garbage Gold Hunter
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2012, 11:13:18 pm »

Yes it sure does, This might be a hobby for you but keep in mind it's a business for me and business is business and I have know way of knowing whos bidding. If it's rare and a customer says pay what you need to pay to get, he will own it. Anyone out there could have emailed this guy and made him an offer as I did and they would have because there was another guy coming at 10am sunday if my guy did not show up. so for that I'm happy to have it for my customer. The guy could have said no I'm letting the auction run but he didn't. I was instructed to put $3800.00 high bid if he wouldn't end the auction. If you all were willing to have paid more, then I'm sorry, if not I got a hell of a deal.

It's really not a case of the early bird getting the worm and of course you wouldn't know who is bidding. That's not a factor. IMO, it stinks more on the part of the seller. I think an auction format should run to the end, but eBay does allow the seller to end it because it is "no longer available...".

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
memorylane
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2012, 11:30:38 pm »

Let me clear up something:
Understand I'm one of only a few in the country that do this for a living, I make my living doing this everyday. My customers range from celebrities, Fortune 500 company owners, Business owners and the average guy wanting a machine. Some have money we only dream of someday having and when they want something, they will get! If I can't get it when they call or ask me to get it, they will find someone else that can. So make no mistakes about it, if I'm instructed to buy something, I'm going to do whatever I need to do to get it. As I said, this is my business and has been so for more than 20 years and I'm not making no apologies for that. I have helped many of you out when you were in a bind about something, you have called at all hours and have I ever turned any of you away.Very sorry if I have affended any of you, this was not intended, Enough said. Curtis
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: