SMC Discussion Areas
May 25, 2024, 11:34:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: to my SMC Friends  (Read 15975 times)
Slider-Bob
Soda Jerks

« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2012, 06:32:21 pm »

I was the 3rd person on here to respond to the initial post saying the 2nd response (to the initial post) made me laugh big time.  As I see it, the person (i.e. who I will call the "complainer" going forward) who wasn't happy with the nature of the post threatened Pat to remove it, or else.  Pat didn't remove it, as he felt was right, and the funny comments were all in good fun.  I think Pat acted professionally by not posting this person's name, but rather the context of the message in it's original form (including the threats to Pat).  

What really bothers me is why didn't this complainer didn't have the guts to respond to Pat's response on SMC and to clarify his point (i.e. stand up for what he believes in?). Instead this complainer chose to threaten Pat via email, and not respond in a public forum on SMC defending his position. It's one thing to disagree with a person, but it's another thing to threaten them.  This complainer chose to direct his insults to Pat's email after he didn't get his way on SMC.  I've seen instances on SMC where a person said something to someone else, but when called out on it, chimed back in on SMC to clarify his/her point.  This complainer stirred the pot, then hid choosing to email Pat instead.

I briefly spoke with Pat today and he hasn't been on the site today and won't be going on it anytime soon (his words).  I told him of the outpouring of support he has here, and how we all want him back.  Pat appreciated hearing that, but he is tired of the BS and the threats.  I'm sure I'll start getting threats now on my email from the complainer (after posting this), but I don't have a website or a business he can trash, and I don't hide from my email (BTW...It's bobcarlson123@gmail.com in case you feel like threatening someone else other than Pat).

Lighten up you crybaby!  And grow up while you're at it.

Restored Coke 81D
Restored Pepsi, 7up VMC 81
Restored Popperette
Restored Wayne 60
globalcompressors
Soda Jerks

Global Compressors (Eric)

« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2012, 06:35:06 pm »

Bullies and Cowards....

how's that OBAMA CARE workin' out for ya?
90grad
Soda Jerks

Thanks to all our veterans for our freedom!

« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2012, 06:41:07 pm »

Bullies and Cowards....

AMEN, Eric!!!!

Wayne

Mid-Atlantic Chapter

Cavalier 51 (1953)
Cavalier Airline Cooler
7-Up Picnic Cooler
Vendo 110 (1957)
VMC 56 Bottle (1964)
VMC 56 Can
Westinghouse Master Water Bath Cooler
Westinghouse Standard Ice Cooler
Westinghouse WB-102 (1963)
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2012, 07:37:17 pm »

Bob   You Took the Words Right out of My Mouth !!!!! 

I also Have Been Talking To Pat .And He's Really Up set over This .

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2012, 10:02:43 pm »

I thought the intial thread was hilarious as I had commented on it!!!! Go ahead email me if you would like if you offended!! I dont hide my e mail just click on my username.

A lot of time, words, and enery has gone to this post. I feel bad that a Senior member IMO one of the founding fathers of SMC has to step away from such a great site, friends, and the best online resource.

Pat when the time is right...I hope soon we can here from you on your newest projects, aquistions, restorations, etc.
BrianS
Soda Jerks

« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2012, 11:30:49 pm »

It is a sad day when someone who freely gives so much of his time and knowledge feels he needs to take a break from something that he spent so much time helping to build.  I have never met Pat, so my thoughts may not mean much to him personally,  but I wanted to at least take the time to let him know that for every jackass who wants to use email and PMs to attack him, there are dozens, maybe hundreds of us out there who are tremendously grateful to him and the other keystone guys here on this site.  I have been a member here for almost three years and come online almost daily.  This site has become a part of my daily ritual.  Yet I still consider myself a newbie.  I take way more from this site than I give because I just don't know enough yet.  So I think it is only worthwhile to say "Pat, THANK YOU".  If he ever reads this I hope he knows I mean that sincerly and if I am ever fortunate enough to meet him, I will look forward to shaking his hand and telling him again in person.

Brian

Brian

Vendo 56 - restored
Vendo 81 - in progress
Vendo 39 - in the rough
Rockola 1428 - Original
1959 Williams Pinch Hitter
Wurlitzer 1400
1930 Koken Barber Pole
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2012, 06:39:53 am »

Hey Pat,

You are a great resource and a great guy. Just to echo the rest, c'mon back!!

Brian
cola62
Soda Jerks

« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2012, 07:35:51 am »

If 99.9% are in agreement about the %$#@#$% that threatened Pat why not kick him from the site and be done with it. (Your call Jim.)

Greg
tooth350
5 Cent Member

« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2012, 09:49:48 am »

Its a very sad day when someone of pats stature can be cowared to leave, I think of myself as one of those that has received untold help from pat while i was restoring my first machine, the individules that have besmerched him should leave and never come back,To those , you have ruined a very valuable site to those of us whom want to learn from experienced people that take the time to help us and never ask for anything in return. LEAVE NOW and take obama with you.
sodaman
25 Cent Member

« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2012, 04:13:37 pm »

I don't get on here very often anymore but during my 35 years of restoring soda machines I've seen all kinds come and go and Pat is one of the very best. I agree that its a very sad day when someone of Pats stature can be criticized in that manner, that's a street corner and gutter mentality. I count you as a valued friend, Pat and hope you come back.

VMC 81:RC, 7UP Pepsi
Jacobs: 26(4), 160, 35, 50, 56 
Quikold RC, Orange Crush, Barqs
General Vending Leader , Master & Midget(THE DALY 32)
American Vendor 124
Guiberson, DP 27 W/stand
VMC 33 7UP, Pepsi 
Mills 45, 47A, 120 W/bottle display
2 Delf Triples VMC 72
70+ soda Venders, 6 Stoner
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: