SMC Discussion Areas
May 25, 2024, 10:46:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: to my SMC Friends  (Read 15974 times)
90grad
Soda Jerks

Thanks to all our veterans for our freedom!

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2012, 01:11:05 pm »

Pat,

To echo the others..."Request denied.  You ain't going!"  Seriously, please reconsider and stay.  I found this site over 10 years ago and have reaped the benefits of folks like you, Jim, John (Signguy), Tom (collecture), Eric (globalcompressors), Glen (Moondawg), Tim, Leonard, Dave, etc. etc. etc.

I don't post as much as some, but I do read a lot of posts and NEVER have I had any reason to doubt your credibility, honesty, and character.  

As Leonard said, we are a family.  I truly treasure the relationships I've fostered here.  Although they wouldn't exist if not for the site, I know they now would continue if the site did not.  What has always struck me to the core is the way folks will go out of their way to help.  For example...

- I've asked for things only to have them supplied either free or for the cost of shipping.  
- I've called Eric at Global many times and he would stay on the phone as long as needed to answer a question...time when he could be making money for himself and his family.  
- I've seen the photos of the folks at the CoinOp shows, heard the stories of the Michigan Mafia and the stories of how folks are directing others towards machines/parts with no expectation of renumeration.

Unfortunately, sometimes, disagreements occur in any situation, but sometimes people can't act like they've got some smart to them.  Sometimes it's tough to shake your fist in your pocket, and there's never a reason to get personal against some one.  Although I cannot speak to your disappointment and frustration, please accept the extension of my hand in a "virtual handshake" for your presence here.  I understand if you feel compelled to leave completely or to just take a break and head to the "Betty Board Clinic".  Regardless, there is and always will be a large contingent of folks who know your character.

Selfishly, I ask for you to reconsider, but I honestly want you to do what you feel is best for you.  Either way, I consider it an honor to have gotten to know you through the hobby.  I hope others can see the error in their ways and act like the adults we are.

My best,

Wayne Strine
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 01:38:57 pm by 90grad » Logged

Wayne

Mid-Atlantic Chapter

Cavalier 51 (1953)
Cavalier Airline Cooler
7-Up Picnic Cooler
Vendo 110 (1957)
VMC 56 Bottle (1964)
VMC 56 Can
Westinghouse Master Water Bath Cooler
Westinghouse Standard Ice Cooler
Westinghouse WB-102 (1963)
jbrooks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2012, 01:15:37 pm »

Most times when I meet someone new who I am dealing with, whether buying or selling the conversation almost always hits on oldgas and this forum.  If the person I am talking to is unfamilar with the 2 sites they usually ask what they are like and I always tell them the same thing.  Great info on both sites, more commerce on oldgas but a less friendly crowd, more of an old boys network not very welcoming to us newbies.  But, I tell them how friendly and light the forum here is.....please don't become oldgas everyone.  Just my two cents
KennyG

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2012, 01:37:04 pm »

Pat,
I am brand new to this site.  I am restoring my first machine and would not be as far along with it without the help from in here.  Everyone has been extremely helpful and patient with me.  That environment was created by you and the other veterans of this forum.  You must stay to help continue this.  I know I will try to be as helpful to other newbies to "pay it forward" whenever I can because of the help I have already received.

I can't help but laugh as I struggled to get my slug rejector to work.  After reading some posts on this site, I put it in the dishwasher.  My wifes face was priceless.  "you're going to put that thing in the dishwasher--Are you crazy??".  No I am not crazy. I read it here. and it worked--well sort of.  The nickels and quarters make it through now but not the dimes...And I am sure if I can't find older posts that address this problem someone on here will gladly help me.
You need to stay to continue this.

Ken
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2012, 03:05:10 pm »

Wow... I feel like I missed out by not seeing the post now..

I think it was due to some nasty things that were said in some PMs. I don't remember anything being posted about somebody getting a model wrong, but I could have missed it. Regardless, take a breath Pat and stay.

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2012, 03:26:36 pm »

.....head to the "Betty Board Clinic"....

Pat - I hear they accept outpatients!  biggrin biggrin

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2012, 03:30:51 pm »

Pat,

April fools day isn't for another eight weeks or so.  That was a good one.  You had us all going for awhile.  Oh, you're serious....really....just tell that person to F*** off and be done with it.
 veryangry biggrin

A lot of stuff.
Swachtelncc
10 Cent Member

« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2012, 04:05:16 pm »

I think people that dont like what there reading should (A) Dont read it, or (B) LEAVE THE SITE! darn  And Pat, Your not the person to leave!  Just my 2 cents.

couldn't say it any better. I know I am new to the site, but i haven't read anything that i found offensive.  hope you stay Pat. 
globalcompressors
Soda Jerks

Global Compressors (Eric)

« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2012, 05:20:59 pm »

I've known Pat as long as any, on this site. Like posted earlier, attack one...you get us all, especially those of us who
have been here the past 8 or 10 years.

I saw this coming, from the idiots who post all about restoration shows, picker shows, craigslist and ebay sales, and then
to have the audacity to come on here and "slam away" because you are a cry baby little bitch and CAN'T have it your way.

I stand by what I've said before and I echo what has been said here...this a site, full of great information, and a TON of experienced
people willing to share. You want it...fine, enjoy the site. You don't, and you only care about mocking others, about info, experience, or their work...
then piss off!

I've NEVER beat around the bush and have ALWAYS called it as I see it... and this is just plain f*cked up!

Pat, again...no bullsh*t....don't leave...

how's that OBAMA CARE workin' out for ya?
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2012, 06:13:30 pm »

Well this is a very sad development. Just had a chat with Pat and understand his decision.

Many excellent points made in the prior posts. For the 99.95% of good folks here and watching. Thanks.

For the 00.05% critic section two quotes:
"Treat others as you would like to be treated"
"What goes around comes around"

Creighton

Seven181
Soda Jerks

« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2012, 06:31:10 pm »

Pat,

You need to come back! Who cares what "some" have to say on here! We know who the real friends are and those who collect machines for the "Hobby" not the "MONEY". I am not on much anymore, as I saw the site being bombared by those that just want to make a buck. Nothhing wrong with that, but don't be jerks about it. This is a great site, great people and most of all a great group of friends can be gained.

I have met so many new friends on this site. All are willing to help out. Through getting a logo, getting a machine, helping on info, etc. Dont' leave just for a few.......stay for the so many that appriciate your friendship and your additioni to the HOBBY! Your a great guy, don't let this keep you from this site. You are one of the founding fathers of this site!

Brian

drinking happydrinkers

"Tis done. We have become a nation.

Benjamin Rush, on the ratification of the Constitution

"We" are a nation of friedns that collect great soda machines and others neat machines for the HOBBY!!!!

Brian  happydrinkers
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: