SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 04:05:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Johnnie G Choice 120 Breaker ?  (Read 3101 times)
choice120
« on: December 24, 2008, 09:25:26 am »

every time I select the number 1 button on the 120 choice vend the relay keeps popping after a few second. The motor never turns. All other buttons work fine. Any ideas do you think it could be the select switch. Thanks
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2008, 09:49:22 am »

Either the motors jammed, or the gears that drive the augers have broken/missing teeth, or somethings causing the gears to bind, any one of these will make that columns motor pull too much current & pop the breaker.

or the augers are jammed on a can or bottle.  oops

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
choice120
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2008, 01:36:30 pm »

I will check it. The motor turns the auger just a little bit before the breaker pops. there are no bottles in it and does same thing. I will have to take gears and motor out and check. Do you think it could be ice. How do I take motor out?
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2008, 01:57:22 pm »

I doubt it's ice, unless you have a glacier formed down there.

to remove a motor on a choicevend, you must unload the racks, remove the rack by lifting it up & tilting it out of the chassis,( is heavey, be carefull) tip the top of the rack towards you & lift it up enough for the back-spacers to clear the bottom/auger section, once the rack is out, you can remove the bottom section with the motors by sliding it forward, this will give you access to the motors which are mounted at the rear of the bottom section, pay attention how you pull out the motor, ( & you have the other motors to use as an example when you put it back in.)

or instead of completly pulling the motor, you can remove only the first drive gear by removing it's "C" clip from its axle, & see if the motor will operate without popping the Circut-breaker.

sometimes on some earlier CV machines you could slide the bottom motor-rack forward enough to service it without completely removing it from the machine. there should be a support rack built into the machines bottom chassis area to support it when it's in the service postion NOTE:  BE CAREFULL ..

when you slide the bottom motor-rack forward you will shift the center of gravity of the machine forward too! making the machine "tippy" towards the front, you dont want to wear it for a holiday sweater now do you?    oops

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
choice120
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2008, 04:25:59 pm »

Figured out what it was. The helix gears were all gunked up and needed lube lube lube  biggrin Motor assembly just dropped down nice and easy. removed gears then lubed em replaced augers then beer starts vending upward. oopes augers have front and back. switched them around and wahla she is working fine. after christmas I will take out all motors and clean the gear assembly up. I also got an offer for this 120 of $250.00 dont know if I want to sell it though because she vends bottles and the vendo 56 vends cans. Besides there is something about this choice vend 120 I like and dont know what it is drinking
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2008, 04:39:28 pm »

Besides there is something about this choice vend 120 I like and dont know what it is

Uh-oh - he is hooked!
When people see my soda machines and ask if I sell them. The wife is always quick to answer "He loves them all too much!", which is true!

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: