SMC Discussion Areas
May 03, 2024, 01:48:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Light bulbs  (Read 3331 times)
« on: August 11, 2006, 04:01:08 pm »

Hey the only thing not working on my machine is the light bulb...but...i took it out, it is just a flourescent, and my wife dropped it!  didn't work anyway, but when i measured the distance for the correct tube, it measured at just about 28 inches.  Lowe's carries 24" and then goes up from there but no 28's.  any suggestions??  thanx again, you all have been a great help

Saguaro
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 06:13:02 pm »

I had a similar problem. My machine took 18" bulbs, which were impossible to find, but 20 inchers were very close. I unscrewed the sockets and moved them an inch each. It worked great with no problems. Also, replace the starters while your at it, real cheap. Or as an alternative, you could replace it all with something like this:

http://www.lowes.com/lowes....ge=none

Good luck!
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 10:48:49 pm »

OK that's cool, but wouldn't you have to run a cord from it to the socket or would you just hardwire it into the machine?  if so how would you do it?  i think it is a great friggin idea since it is cheap and so are the bulbs.  it has a built in ballast and starter?  thanx
Saguaro
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2006, 12:23:03 am »

That's right, the plug-in light will have its own ballast and starter. You can strip the cord back and tie it in to where your current lighting goes. I got the idea from another guy on this forum. He put two in his machine and it looked great.
vend_dr
25 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2006, 07:30:19 pm »

24 inch bulbs are quite common in vending machines (especially snack machines) all vending parts suppliers should have them. Companies such as Happ Controls, Vendors Exchange and D&S Vending. The company I work for has distributors in larger towns all across the USA and they will have them too, look in the yellow pages under Vending Machines and give one of them a call.

Skeleton Man
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2006, 07:38:19 pm »

I'm not sure what size the tube is in my squaretop, but it was a standard size and I had no trouble finding a replacement for like $6..  It's adjustable though, the two sockets can slide further apart or closer together as desired.. (which is a neat idea)
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2006, 10:50:35 am »

(Saguaro @ Aug. 17 2006,7:13)
I had a similar problem. My machine took 18" bulbs, which were impossible to find, but 20 inchers were very close. I unscrewed the sockets and moved them an inch each. It worked great with no problems. Also, replace the starters while your at it, real cheap. Or as an alternative, you could replace it all with something like this:

http://www.lowes.com/lowes....ge=none

Good luck!

He Saguaro, you have a picture of the inside of your machine with the Lowe's light modification in it?  Would appreciate it, especially an overall pic, a mounting pic, and a wiring pic.  i don't ask for much!!  thanx ':cool:'
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: