SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 06:21:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: La crosse is driving me crazy  (Read 2564 times)
« on: March 16, 2005, 07:23:01 pm »

Hello all,

I'm new to this game and I'm already pulling my hair out. I had purchased a La Crosse Pepsi machine. Model # LCB 231/406-8 Serial # 352440. And I can't find a lick of info on the internet for la crosse machines. I'm not interested in a restoration at this point just to get it running. My problem is I purchased without a coin mech, have tried to figure out which one mine takes. After finding zero info, I guessed and bought a mars (5100 I believe) of ebay. Can't get it to work properly in my machine. I just need some help in Identifying this baby, I know it is not too old maybe early eighties or late 70's. It is BIG, has like 11 slots to vend bottles or cans. about 7' tall and about 4' wide. Will post some pics soon. Any help would be apprieciated. Do you think I got taken purchasing for $150?

Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2005, 07:39:46 pm »

Heck... I'd try and call a local bottler and see if you can contact someone in their vending department or
call a local vendor... if it's not that old someone may still be around to get you some advice. It would be a place to start anyway.....
Good Luck (And Welcome!)

Eric

May be even a vendors tag on the machine with a phone number......

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2005, 09:56:43 pm »

got a picture of this big guy? also post a picture of your coinmechs socket, there should also be a schematic of the coinmechs wiring on the door somewhere, Lacross was usually good about that...hey, I own three now!

I was just thinking , are you sure your coinmechs not supposed to be a 24-volt 'mech, instead of a 120-volt???

if you plug a 120-volt 'mech into a 24-volt machine, you'll get nada' on the vend side...plus some LaCrosse's are wired a little funny when it came to what should be the "ready to vend" signal on pin #7 ...ut I can't ell without your schematic, or the machine in front of me...hmmmmm

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: