SMC Discussion Areas
May 03, 2024, 06:21:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Door liners  (Read 2608 times)
« on: June 28, 2004, 12:37:36 pm »

i have a cavalier cs-142e machine (basically the same as the css-142 from what i can tell)..  i have dismantled the entire thing to clean it up and repaint and most everything is in good enough shape to go back on without being replaced.. but the door liner is quite cracked and especially around each and every hole that the screws go through..  from what i can tell, finding an old machine being parted out is the only way to get a replacement for machines that are not widely available..

is this true?  or is there somewhere (cavalier?) that sells replacements or reproductions?  has anyone considered making their own replacement somehow (fiberglass?)?

let me know what my options may be..

thanks..
joesquid
25 Cent Member

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2004, 07:44:08 am »

Unfortunately for your machine and mine, (a Vendo 144) that comment is true.  They're just not in demand so no one is going to spend money trying to reproduce door liners for them.  I'm in the same boat in that my door liner is cracked around the mounting holes so I'm going to attempt to use resin to secure the door liner in place (machine restoration is 90% complete).  Of course, this means I need to be #### sure I have everything in place inside the door.  Once that resin dries there's no pulling the liner back off.

Eric "Joe Squid" Johnson

1955 Vendo 23 - awaiting restoration
1959 Westinghouse WC-44SK - awaiting parts
1967 Cavalier CS-64G - functional in house
1969 Vendo 63 - in restoration
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2004, 08:36:41 am »

As a suggestion, years ago when there wasn't much available for restorations, I fabricated a long 1/2" - 3/4" strip of thin galvinized metal and drilled holes to match those in the cabinet door. This strip of metal would hold the liner where several of the holes where cracked. The only problem is that it's very difficult to cut out a template should you need to support the rounded corners...

My six cents,

Jim

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: