SMC Discussion Areas
May 05, 2024, 10:48:36 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo d56-7 decorator  (Read 4832 times)
« on: June 03, 2006, 09:36:52 pm »

I have the option to purchase a vendo D56-7 decorator.  It is 100 dollars.  It is in good condition on the outside with the optional enjoy pepsi light-up sign on top and the refrigerator works on the inside.  The shelves are there, but there is nothing else.  The wood grain door is there, but the inner door where you make your selection and pay is gone.  Is this a good deal?  How much would it cost to buy a replacement coin mechanism, vending mechanism, and selection door?  Can I find these?  Also, how much would it cost a month to run and is it a popular enough model that I could resell it for at least the price it cost to fix up if I find another machine?
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2006, 11:41:16 pm »

The decorator does not have a normal coin mechanism. The coin mech on a decorator is at the bottom of the bottle stack. The inner door is just a piece of steal that seperates the cooling area from the outside. The decorators are not extremly valuable but for $100 anything is good. Finding parts will be really hard. Do you collect machines? If for nothing else the cooling system, bottle rack and shelves will fit a regular 56. I have attached a pic of one I used to have so you can see what the inner door looks like. The small square just below the bottle stack is the coin mech. Well actually this machine has a can stack in it.
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2006, 11:40:03 am »

This will be my first machine if I get it.  Do you know about how much it will cost to buy the parts and where I could find them?  There is nothing inside except the working refrigerator and the bottle shelves.
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2006, 01:32:21 pm »

I say wait for a few more weeks until a REAL soda machine comes your way.  This one is near the bottom of the favorites list.

Glen
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2006, 09:43:31 pm »

I agree with Glen. I would wait for a better machine.
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2006, 11:29:51 pm »

I third it. Skip this one. It is the bottom of the barrel save you energy and money for a better machine. Finding parts would be a pain and not worth it when you finally complete it. Plus resale value would be nill.
Pat Pixley
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2006, 03:36:05 pm »

Well I would come back and make a offer of $50 for it .Great Part machine
 if you  come across a 56  were the compressor does not work there you go you would have one waiting in the wing's.
Just a thought
 Pat
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: