SMC Discussion Areas
May 13, 2024, 10:35:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo 81 Progress  (Read 14350 times)
kbareit
Soda Jerks

« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2013, 08:33:45 pm »

Great looking machine.

Cavalier 27
Jacobs 26
Ideal 55 Hires root beer, 7-Up restored
Ideal 55 Pepsi, Barqs original
Double cola,Squirt,Nesbitts,Canada Dry on deck
3 Westy 60's
3 Westy 78's
Cav 72 original
S&S 1400 WD2 Pepsi
Stoner Junior
georgescustompaint
Soda Jerks

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2013, 08:39:51 pm »

Great Job!!

sc1101
Soda Jerks

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2013, 07:54:21 am »

I'm so jealous! Great job.

Siphonmix 5A
Jacobs 56
Surevend P47
Mills 45,47N,65
La Crosse 56
Glascock Countertop
ICY-O Cntrtp Cooler restored
ICY-O 120
Liquid Carbonic Back Bar
1890 Fletcher, 1940 Fischman Fountains
A-8, A-12 Industrial Carton Cooler
Holcomb+Hoke Popcorn
Mengel Wood Cooler
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2013, 11:13:44 am »

Waterslide decals....soak until decal slides on paper, wet surface you're applying to. slide it off, position and pat dry. Do not over work these, they'll tear. They look much nicer than vinyl, but far less durable without a protective clear coat.
I'd have to disagree with this comment? water release leaves that film around the lettering and to me , just looks cheesy.
the only decals I would use would be the Coin return and bottle opener that are appropriate for this machine as well as the "Do not deposit coin if bottles are not visible" decal.. these where original (screened) on the machine and help complete the look of the coin door in my opinion..
normally not a big fan of pinstriping, but yours is tastefully done..  Nice detail to the compressor area as well!

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
mack65az
5 Cent Member

Collecting Ideal Sliders

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2013, 05:45:29 pm »

Hey SIGNGUY,  that's another reason why I think you should clear over them. You wouldn't be biased toward vinyl for any reason in particular, would you???
BrianS
Soda Jerks

« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2013, 10:08:21 pm »

I would go vinyl over water release every time, even on the small lettering.  The clear edging around the colored portion of the water release will discolor over time.  Even before any discoloration, water release decals reflect differently than the painted portion of the machine so any glare off the side of the machine will look different in the area with the decal.

Brian

Vendo 56 - restored
Vendo 81 - in progress
Vendo 39 - in the rough
Rockola 1428 - Original
1959 Williams Pinch Hitter
Wurlitzer 1400
1930 Koken Barber Pole
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2013, 10:14:46 pm »

I have used both.  The vinyl decals just look cleaner and more crisp.  I have some original machines with water release decals.  As Brian pointed out mine look just like that, faded yellow...

The vinyl is also in my opinion a much easier application, especially the larger decals.
mack65az
5 Cent Member

Collecting Ideal Sliders

« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2013, 08:24:23 am »

Okay, vinyl wins! I guess what I like about waterslide is that when you clear over them it looks and feels more like it was screened on. Vinyl looks cheap to me. Also, in the past, there seemed to be more variety in the waterslide vs. vinyl. I do not care for them when applied on top. They will discolor, they will dry out and flake and have no durabilty. Clear coat would also prevent the yellowing. Vinyl is certainly easier. It just doesn't seem right to be able to simply slap a sticker on it and call it done.
jrwienri
5 Cent Member

« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2013, 03:22:00 pm »

Got the compressor deck in this morning. Fired right up and cools like a big dog... Amazing, this machine has sat for around 10 years. So the evaperator fan runs all of the time? Just a few small punch list items like the door light wiring, a couple of tiny paint chips to touch up. drip pan, and coin door decals to complete and this baby is a wrap. Now I need to find a Stoner Jr to do......Anyone got one for sale?

Cheers, Jeff

Vendo 81D
U-Pop-It
Haweye Peanut Warmer
Bally Lucky Alley Contact Ball Bowler
Williams Gold Mine Shuffle Bowler
Williams Funhouse Pinball
Seeberg 3W1 Wall Box
Seeberg 3WA Wall Box
Stoner Jr with Gum Wheel
Numerous Vintage Gas Pumps
Numerous Vintage Cars