SMC Discussion Areas
May 02, 2024, 04:05:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: couple things ... VF-56  (Read 3273 times)
SMCUSA

« on: October 19, 2013, 01:11:47 pm »

mid sixties Royal Crown Machine ... new to this so forgive me for some of the questions to follow today and the near future....  from what I can tell the only way to get to the light in the sign area is to remove the back of the main door and pull the insulation ... I cant find any access otherwise .. is this correct ?? and where the fudge do I find the bit that fits those little bow tie shaped heads on the screws ... I have a parts book ... are there any repair manuals out there ??
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 01:19:45 pm by SMCUSA » Logged
Rebel
25 Cent Member

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2013, 02:20:02 pm »

Not real sure about this machine but on my Vendo 63, if you open the door, you'll find two screws on end that hold display in but there may be a different approach for this machine. Check and see. You can find the bits at any hardware store.
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2013, 02:55:08 pm »

More specifically, if you open the coin door (not the big one) and look on the underside of the of the sign frame, you should see two screws (most of the time).  Remove those and you can then carefully pull the sign out from the bottom, there are two pegs that hold the top in.   

The bits that you are talking about are called clutch-head and they should be a 5/32" bit.

SMCUSA

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2013, 06:43:01 pm »

I knew those screws (the holes anyway darn) had something to do with that, was just thinking a different direction for removal ... thank you gentlemen ... got it out with a bit of prying and found most of the light fixture, destroyed ... someone else had the same idea I had at one point but forgot to leave half of the parts ... LED refit I guess ?? .. anyone with good screws from a part out, coin mech. or light assembly drop me a note
Rebel
25 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2013, 04:44:26 pm »

I re-installed my light fixture parts after paint but wired in a regular light socket and a short piece of PVC pipe which fit perfectly in wiring hole, to raise the socket so it would be in the middle of display and have a green CFL bulb.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: