SMC Discussion Areas
May 03, 2024, 06:39:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: new to forum and pop machines  (Read 7397 times)
steven c

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2014, 04:55:45 pm »

Welcome to the forum, I'm kind of new here myself. And a very nice machine you have.  I have a 1970's model that I like to tinker with.

Looking for Walther PP magazine #981029
biorn123

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2014, 07:38:19 pm »

iv had the machine pluged in for a couple days now I haven't put any beer our pop in it yet but on the lowest setting it stays between 29 and 34 and on the lowest I let it get to 22 then turned it back up do I need to put a different thermostate in it our change something thanks
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2014, 11:22:37 pm »

It is best to fill the machine and keep it full. Far less stress on the compressor if product area is full.
Creighton

tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2014, 11:34:26 pm »

I know on my old Cavalier USS machine there was a very fine line on the thermostat between freezing and the perfect temp, we're talking an 1/8th of a turn on the knob, right near turning it off completely.  I'm sure the thermostat could have been on it's last leg, but it ran for about 6 years just like that.

biorn123

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2014, 05:28:19 am »

tanks guys I guess ill make a trip to sams club and fill that thing up
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2014, 08:32:45 am »

I agree, fill it up and walk away. That is a nice original machine with all original parts, I would be very confident that it is set up properly.
       Keep in mind the upper fan is used to keep temperature constant, if it spins slower than your new one add a few drops of oil down the shaft.
       You also have a very cool coin mechanism, obviously one of the earliest produced with not many parts that could go wrong.
When you remove the slug rejector you will see a very simple operation.
      Nice machine!  happydrinkers

Glen
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: