SMC Discussion Areas
May 06, 2024, 01:10:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Choice vend cvc-224 cooling problem  (Read 3188 times)
« on: July 08, 2006, 11:10:05 am »

Hello, I am new to this board, and I have a cooling problem...It won't.

I have a Choice Vend CVC-224 Pepsi machine and everything works great but it won't cool. I have read in previous posts that the info that I need is on the tag on the side of my machine. I read it and it says "9oz. refridgerant 12-test pressure 235lbs."

I'm assuming 235 is the overall weight of the machine so I'm not paying attention to that. What/How much info do I need to take to a business about the coolant that I need. Where would be the best place to go be? Is this coolant the same kind as used in car air conditioners, or is it special. I'm sorry if these questions are dumb, but I'm new to this and you have to learn somewhere.

-Luther
globalcompressors
Soda Jerks

Global Compressors (Eric)

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2006, 06:11:29 pm »

Luther,

Test pressure is what the system was charged to in testing for leaks. If the unit isn't cooling, there are many factors that could be the blame. 9 oz is the amount of refrigerant used to charge the system. If no refrigerant is in the unit, you have a leak that needs attention. If the unit is coming on, are you sure the compressor is running? Sometimes we see the lower fan running but can't tell if the compressor is. The thermostat can be another problem. Make sure that upper and lower fan motors are both running. Make sure the upper evaporator coil is not freezing over, blocking air flow. Check the shrouds. Make sure they arn't blocking air flow.

This should give some direction. Once you have isolated the cause, we can go on with repair, parts, advice, etc.

Eric

how's that OBAMA CARE workin' out for ya?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: