SMC Discussion Areas
May 06, 2024, 04:51:00 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thermostat dial question  (Read 2452 times)
cokecrazy
« on: February 14, 2012, 05:25:53 pm »

I replaced an old nonworking thermo and I installed a new thermostat that works just fine on a slider machine. I adjusted to the cutin/out screws and it now operates in at 40 and off at 34 deg. on an empty box.
When I adjust the dial (from #1 to 2)to be a bit colder it doesnt seem to have any effect or make any noticible difference on temp.  So what purpose does the dial serve or what am I doing wrong? 
sliderchris

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 02:35:53 pm »

First off, I like to measure temp. by filling an empty beer bottle with water and placing a thermometer
into it, then placing the whole works into the machine (centered in the inside compartment).
This way, you'll be measuring actual beverage temp. and not air/liner temp. that can fluctuate significantly.
Adjust your thermostat, wait awhile,(go in the house and watch American Idol or something),
then see if there is any change in the temp. of the bottle of water .
Also, its possible that by adjusting the cut in/out screws things have become a little off-kilter.
It is super easy to get 'lost' and lose track of where you started from-I've done that before.

Good luck. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: