SMC Discussion Areas
May 19, 2024, 01:14:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ideal Slider Question  (Read 7948 times)
msanborn
25 Cent Member

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2010, 06:55:31 am »

The compressor needs to be serviced/cleaned, as it has sat dormant for years and the entire assembly is very rusty/dryrotted.  I am currently trying to disconnect it at the compression fittings without much luck, as there is a great deal of rust on the fittings, I sprayed them with penetrating lube, hopefully that will loosen them up enough to remove the assembly.  I removed the insulation from behind the liner, and the coils are still attached, once I get that all cleaned up etc, as well as the deck removed, everything should re-assemble fairly easily I believe. 

Vendo 81
Vendo 39
Pepsi VMC 81
Ideal Slider
Glasco Slider
sliderchris

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2010, 10:31:40 pm »

M,
Is it a Model 55 slider that you have? I have 3 of them and the sensing tube is in the same location on each one,
namely on the lower left corner (when viewed from behind the machine) right where the cap. tube and suction line
enter the bottom of the chest. If you have a different model (or yours has been modified) you can still trace
the path of the t-stat probe to where it enters the machine and hopefully find it that way.
I had trouble also disconnecting the lines to my compressor. I applied some penetrating oil and
finally was able to remove them. However, I did goober up the lines slightly behind the nuts when I tried to prevent them
from turning while undoing the nuts. (This turned out to be of no consequence because my new compressor had solder
connected lines and not the flare/nut type.)
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: