SMC Discussion Areas
May 19, 2024, 12:34:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ideal Slider Question  (Read 7947 times)
msanborn
25 Cent Member

« on: June 14, 2010, 05:49:30 am »

When the thermostat is set to the coldest setting it cools below 30 degrees, frosting the sides, but does not shut off the compressor.  After adjusting the T-stat, I cannot find a setting where it cools to the desired temperature.  Could it be a bad T-stat?  If I want to have the compressor serviced, is it possible to remove the 2 fittings, then remove the compressor deck, without disturbing the coils behind the liner?  Thanks  M

Vendo 81
Vendo 39
Pepsi VMC 81
Ideal Slider
Glasco Slider
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 10:04:02 am »

I would just play with it on each setting, start at the lowest and record the temp at when it shuts off, if it's not shutting, off either the tstat is bad, or the cooling system has a leak and needs recharging.?
as far as removing it, it can't be removed completely without cutting your lines, but you can "SWING" it out for servicing.

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
zadd
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 06:52:44 pm »

Actually you can remove the deck . It should have a fitting where you can remove the lines just be sure to cap the lines and the compressor and you will need to recharge after removing it . It wont bother the lines .

Zadd
Dr Pepper Queen Anne Bottle Machine
Dr Pepper Queen Anne Can Machine
7up Ideal 55 slider
Vendo 81D
VMC 33D
Nehi Pelco Koolie
zadd
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 06:56:08 pm »

The tube that the t-stat line goes in might have broke loose from the liner inside and thats why its cooling but not shutting down .

Zadd
7up Ideal 55 slider
Vendo 81D
VMC 33D
Nehi Pelco Koolie
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 07:17:21 pm »

Does the compressor stop when you turn the thermostat to off?

Glen
msanborn
25 Cent Member

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 02:59:17 am »

Yes it shuts down when I turn the thermostat to off.  The temps vary in degrees from 61 to 41 degrees unless I crank it all the way down where it cools to freezing without shutting off.  The compressor also gets very hot. 

Vendo 81
Vendo 39
Pepsi VMC 81
Ideal Slider
Glasco Slider
zadd
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2010, 06:26:56 am »

I would say that the t-stat tube has came separated from the liner . Try to feed the t-stat inside the cabinet and tape it to the inside liner and see if it works then . If so then that means the liner tube soder has broken off .

Zadd
7up Ideal 55 slider
Vendo 81D
VMC 33D
Nehi Pelco Koolie
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2010, 09:57:06 am »

Actually you can remove the deck . It should have a fitting where you can remove the lines just be sure to cap the lines and the compressor and you will need to recharge after removing it . It wont bother the lines .
some do and some don't, I have some that have a disconnect, and I have some that are one solid tube and would have to be cut.

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
sliderchris

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2010, 11:12:57 pm »

It does sound like the t-stat sensing tube may have broken free from the liner. You can check this if
you look under the bottom of the chest where the copper lines enter the chest. You should be able to
see the end of the tube that the t-stat goes into (about 1/2 in diameter). It may be necessary
to scrape off any putty to be able to see clearly .Try to wiggle the tube to determine if it still firmly attached.
Another way you can check is to remove the vertical breaker strip behind the loading door (on the hinge side).
Undo the 6 screws and slide it forward and out. Reach in at the bottom and you should be able to feel the tube.
A mirror and flashlight will come in handy as well. While you're in there, feel the evaporator coils to make
sure they're still attached to the liner.
If the sensing tube has come off, you can feed the t-stat probe inside the liner (as mentioned earlier) and place it
on an area that you know is getting down to the cut-out temp of the t-stat. I use one of those laser thermometers
to read temps. at specific areas of the liner. Tape(or attach somehow) the probe at that location and give her a try.

Sliderchris.
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2010, 05:54:48 am »

Another way you can check is to remove the vertical breaker strip behind the loading door (on the hinge side).
Undo the 6 screws and slide it forward and out. Reach in at the bottom and you should be able to feel the tube.

Hmmm, that sensing tube is a long way from the loading door Chris. Am I missing something?

Glen
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: