SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 04:07:33 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where can i get a key?  (Read 4048 times)
« on: August 29, 2004, 10:18:25 pm »

I have a glass door Coke machine (60's/70's I think).  Where can I get a key for it?
ussexplorer
10 Cent Member

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2004, 02:39:27 am »

There is two things you can do. You can try a lock smith, or you can drill out the lock. I had to do that with a 70's glass door machine. Drill right in the center of the lock and it pops right out. Then you just hit the hardware store for a replacement lock.

laters....
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2004, 05:49:12 am »

http://www.thesodajerkworks.com will have the lock replacement and possibly the key.
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2004, 08:50:22 pm »

I called our local Coke distributor and they said they could get me one, but I stopped holding my breath a couple months later.
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2004, 08:51:23 pm »

Thanks for the info, though.  I never knew you could find the locks so easily.  I could drill it out no problem.
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2004, 09:12:11 pm »

Hi & welcome... also check with our parts suppliers here at the site , Funtronics has a TON of keys, if you can give them the no. on the face of it, they may have the one your looking for!

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
ussexplorer
10 Cent Member

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2004, 12:32:01 am »

Hope you have better luck than I did. I had two machines. One I got rid of since it was so big. When I drilled the lock out I slipped and took a small chunk out of the black rectangle bar attached to the door. The other machine I purchased a lock to replace the one that was missing. The strange part was the hole for the lock on the bar. Was slightly smaller. (Should take your lock bar in if it comes out to size it up.) I simply drilled it out and it didn't look great. But I did get it to work after fudging around it for a while. To bad this wall all before the internet years ago.

Later,

ussexplorer
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2004, 02:13:33 pm »

I had bought a machine that was open and locked it by accident.  I was able to pick the lock with a small screw driver and a paperclip.  There is a web sight which explains how this is done.
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2005, 04:57:10 pm »

Whats that web site?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: