SMC Discussion Areas
May 12, 2024, 03:21:04 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cavalier serial #135309  (Read 4112 times)
« on: December 23, 2003, 11:42:58 am »

Greetings,

I need some help in identifying what Model Number a Coke Machine I have is.  On the tag near the motor is references Cavalier Corp and has a serial number of 135309. The machine looks something like a CI-3 but it has a 5 cent coin mechanism on the top.  How can I find out the model number?

Thanks,

Kevin
Pat Pixley
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2003, 04:51:09 pm »

Hey Kevin, Can you drop a photo of or machine so we all can take a look at it.
if you can't   can you give us  more info. on it what's  it look like if it has a crank handle,  or how high and how wide it is  

Thanks Pat P.

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2004, 12:44:52 pm »

Pat,

Thanks for responding to my post here are some of the details you were looking for.  First off I don’t have a digital camera so I don’t have any pictures.  I did however take some measurements.

Height 36.5 “
Width 31.5”
Depth 27.5”

The coin mechanism stands on the top right hand side and its dimensions are
Height 8.5”
Width 4.25”
Depth 8.5”

The top of the machine is square with a round (23” diameter) insert that rotates to vend the soda bottles through a small oval shaped door that is 10.25” by 4”

The coin mechanism has a label on it that says Vendo Kansas City MO.

Inside the tub of the machine on the center of the back wall the letters “CC” are embossed in the sheet metal, On the top right corner of the inside back tub the number 48 is also embossed on the sheet metal.

Based on the rack inside the machine I think it held a total of 59 bottles (7 or 10 oz I think)

The bottles were cooled by water circulating through the machine and the chiller motor has a tag that says Frigidaire makes it.

Any additional info you can provide me on this would be great.

Thanks,

Kevin J. Donovan
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2004, 01:04:46 pm »

Pat,

I looked through some more of the pictures on this site and the machine I have looks to be some kind of cross between a Vendo 39 Standard and a Vendo 59.  This confuses me because of the Cavalier Corp lablel on the back side.
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2004, 04:35:03 pm »

Hello Kevin,

I'm going to guess that the top is a Vendo 59; the reason I'm leaning in this direction is because this top was made to fit a variety of coolers including Westinghouse and, in your case, Cavalier.

My six cents,

Jim

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2004, 01:28:12 pm »

Ok,  now that we have nailed down what I have, is this something that collectors would be interested in?  Any ideas where I could find out the value?

Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: