SMC Discussion Areas
May 05, 2024, 01:59:59 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cavalier 51  (Read 7497 times)
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2011, 09:00:12 pm »

Thanks SIGNGUY
Turns out I'm the 3rd owner of this machine.
This machine was purchased brand new for an ad agency in Milwaukee back in the day by the owner, where it was used by the office employees.
In the 70's, with the son working there with his father, they got a new machine, and this one went in his office as a conversation piece.
The company was then run by his son until the year 2001, when the son decided to retire.
At the retirement party, the guy I bought the machine from, brought his guitar to play a few songs for all (he played some kind of funny parody thingy).
When he was finished, he put the guitar on a chair.
The owner of the company (the son) had a few drinks in him, and he ended up sitting on the chair with the guitar on it, and broke the guitar.
He felt really bad, and offered to pay for a new guitar, but was told not to worry about it.
Well, the guy who broke the guitar felt REALLY bad, and because he knew the guy (who I bought the machine from) really loved the Coke machine, and had been there for so many years, he gave him the machine!!
Well, fast forward to last year, I replied to an ad on CL, and drove the 11 hrs to WI to pick up this gem as the owner and his wife were selling things to move into a smaller home.
This machine has NEVER seen the sun or rain, as it has been an indoor machine it's entire life!
I gave it a polish when I got home, and it looks brand new (aside from the normal scratches from womens nails or nicks from people running into it after Packers losses lol.
Am i ever glad the guy brought his guitar to the party!  happydrinkers
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 09:52:42 am by johnieG » Logged

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
RC kid
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2011, 09:34:34 pm »

Your newest acquisition comes with a story, an interesting one at that.

Congrats!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 09:37:58 pm by RC kid » Logged
mygoose101
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2011, 12:57:30 am »

Well, even though I'm not a fan of the 51, any original that nice is awesome. Those yellow letters are priceless, wow!

Vendo 81A Original
Vendo 81B Original
Vendo 81D Restored
Vendo 56 Restored
VMC Pepsi 81 Restoredx2
Cavalier 72
Ideal Embossed Coke Slider
Stoner Theater Restored
Stoner Theater w/Gum Wheel Restored
Stoner Jr. Restored
Seeburg V200 Jukebox Restored
Seeburg 100C
Seeburg 100R
Seeburg 100W
Mitch

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2011, 12:48:44 pm »

Congrats, that's a great story and a good price.
Bit of a long drive to pick up, but shows you are dedicated.  smile

Cornelius SVM-48E3
2002 Ducati ST2
1983 Kawasaki GPZ1100
2001 Kawasaki Ninja 500R

Only those who risk going too far, can truly find out how far one can go. - T.S. Elliot
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2011, 03:34:09 pm »

Thanks for all the nice comments... but just to be clear, FOOS is the one with the original question on the 51... I just chimed in with my 51 and the story that came with it.   I actually paid a bit more than 750 for it, mainly cause it is almost brand new... but that was a year ago now. (T minus 5 machines ago lol)

Just wanted to be clear with that  smile

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
Foos

« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2011, 12:31:09 am »

Thanks for all the nice comments... but just to be clear, FOOS is the one with the original question on the 51... I just chimed in with my 51 and the story that came with it.   I actually paid a bit more than 750 for it, mainly cause it is almost brand new... but that was a year ago now. (T minus 5 machines ago lol)

Just wanted to be clear with that  smile

No worries.  I'm new to the whole game, but it seemed like a nice machine with everything there.  I really need to finish working on the Slider I've got before I start looking at more.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: