SMC Discussion Areas
May 15, 2024, 02:50:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for info-parts  (Read 3116 times)
« on: May 29, 2003, 09:56:47 am »

I have recently just acquired this cooler and am looking for info and parts for it.  It is (i guess) similiar to a westinghouse WE/WI? 6 except appears as though it is made in canada by kelvinator in London, Ontario.  the compressor appears to cool very well but i have yet to get the cooling fan working.  this fan also drives an auger type device inside of the tub.  i guess that is what i am looking for as this auger is in poor shape and appears to have corroded about half way up.  I have added a couple of pictures to help describe it.  any help is appreciated, Thanks in advance

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2003, 03:35:00 pm »

I assume you are talking about the impeller that drives the water up and over the coils.  I have 2 WE-6's.  One of my motors works while the other does not.  Can you take a picture of the cooler motor?  If you just need the impeller I may be able to help.  If you need a motor I can catch you up on what I've found out about them.  I'm in the process of getting the original motor rebuilt as replacements are near impossible to come by.  There are replacements but they don't fit as original and require modifications.  Somewhere in the refrigeration discussion area we talked about the cooling motor and impeller.  You may want to go search for that.

Doug
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2003, 03:41:33 pm »

Here's the link to the previous discussion on the motor and impeller.  
http://soda-machines.com/cgi-loc....4;t=547

Also shows a picture of both.  Be aware though, the Grainger motor requires modification that changes the look of the machine.  I opted not to do it because it would have meant getting rid of the stainless steel motor cover that says "Ice Cold".

Doug
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2003, 09:37:21 pm »

Doug, thanks for the help, i will try to explain.  The first picture (attached) is the condensor/motor area.  unfortunatley i have taken the electric motor off to check it and found that it is burned out.  It is attached over top of the condensor coils (on the right of the picture) with the fan down.  A shaft protrudes straight up out of the motor, to which a small pully is attached.  This runs a larger pully that is on the end of the shaft of the impeller.  thus the fan both cools the condensor and runs the impeller.  The next picture(too follow) shows the impellor on a stainless shaft with the large pulley mentioned earlier attached.  This impeller fits over a copper tube (3rd picture) the shaft runs through it to the motor area and thats where the larger pully is.  hopes this makes sense, if not i will try to explain better.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: