SMC Discussion Areas
May 16, 2024, 11:53:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OC embossed not welded VMC 81 three VMC eye candy  (Read 16709 times)
Ezra
Soda Jerks

« on: April 24, 2015, 09:00:04 am »

Through networking looking for machines I found this gentleman who told me the OC is embossed and not welded.  Pressed with the dyes from the Ideal machine.  He said he has 13 other VMC 81 in an airplane hanger.  Not willing to part with any but could be a "fish that got away" story too.

This could be a short case study example of how finanacially dangerous it could be buying high end machines.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 09:02:03 am by Ezra » Logged
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 09:21:45 am »

I think the same hanger the bodies from the Roswell crash are being stored at.

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2015, 09:29:34 am »

So you met the Jack the Coca Cola Cowboy?   biggrin  (I think that's his name).

Did he also tell you that Santa Claus is real?  I heard he is willing to go to his grave swearing all of his Orange Crush 81's are original.

Glen
Ezra
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2015, 09:34:26 am »

So you met the Jack the Coca Cola Cowboy?   biggrin  (I think that's his name).

Did he also tell you that Santa Claus is real?  I heard he is willing to go to his grave swearing all of his Orange Crush 81's are original.

Let me be clear, there was no attempted fraud. he was honest about the machines .  Glenn, you know a lot !!!!!!!!!!!

My point of the thread was somewhat in the direction of how it could be potentially very risky.  I think we are safe with the pepsi 81, no one is faking those I hear.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 09:40:22 am by Ezra » Logged
mygoose101
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2015, 09:39:45 am »

This has already been discussed years ago. Let's put it to bed, again.

Vendo 81A Original
Vendo 81B Original
Vendo 81D Restored
Vendo 56 Restored
VMC Pepsi 81 Restoredx2
Cavalier 72
Ideal Embossed Coke Slider
Stoner Theater Restored
Stoner Theater w/Gum Wheel Restored
Stoner Jr. Restored
Seeburg V200 Jukebox Restored
Seeburg 100C
Seeburg 100R
Seeburg 100W
Ezra
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2015, 09:41:57 am »

Ray, I don't want to get into bed with you and discuss soda machines.  But novice people come here, it might good to refresh the topic, machines look cool too.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 09:43:44 am by Ezra » Logged
Lincoln22
10 Cent Member

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2015, 05:11:39 pm »

I appreciate everyone's individual taste in soda machines, and yes I even think the "Orange Crush 81" looks very neat in its commanding presence and appeal to the eye.  However, I am old-fashioned and personally only like original machines with confirmed manufactured status by companies such as Vendo and VMC, not fantasy machines.  I may be wrong, but to date, I am unaware of any soda brand who manufactured an 81 outside of Coca-Cola, Pepsi, 7up, Royal Crown, and a Dr. Pepper (yes I'm aware of the Generic model, in which various decals may have been applied to cater a specific vendor's soda sales).  Collectors within this very network are all aware of fraudulent practices on the parts of many, but if you make or alter a machine, then just be honest and sell it as a "fantasy" machine (like the seller is currently doing on the Ebay RC 81).  Once again, I appreciate the visual appeal of any soda machine, even customized ones, but simply stated, be honest with yourself and potential buyers.  I am very appreciative of a true original machine, so that it can be discerned and validated much easier.  Today, we live in a digital world full of electronic access.  I pose the question, why would you restore a soda machine (like an Orange Crush 81, Hires 81, or a Nesbitts 81 etc., without taking photographs of every single inch of the machine in it's original state?  Every advanced collector on here (who has collected, networked, and done their own research is aware of what actual machines exist, based on known records/archived material, so one should know that their "prototype find" will be scrutinized, thus make it easy by simply revealing everything in the machine's original state, if in fact your machine is truly a scarce new find, as you believe.  This message is not intended at any one particular person at all, and I concede maybe those three machines are real, and worth a fortune!  I'm not an expert, but I do know I will only buy from reputable people if the machine is restored, or just buy an original if it can be found.  I know it's long and drawn out, but I'd hate for people to be misled.  Maybe time will produce documentation in a historical archive somewhere showing an orange crush 81 rolling off a factory assembly line, and we will eat our so-called "know all research" words.  I am not here to judge these specific machines depicted, because I don't know their history, nor have I seen them in person.  I have nothing bad to say about the Coca-Cola Cowboy, or anyone for that matter, I just hope he or anyone else conveys the truth as he or she knows it to be when selling a machine, that's all.           

Brian
Marvin
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2015, 06:43:15 pm »

I'd like to see an original unrestored Orange Crush.  How come one has never shown up??
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2015, 07:12:01 pm »

told me the OC is embossed and not welded.  Pressed with the dyes from the Ideal machine.  

Evidently The Ideal Dispenser Company must have loaned Cowboy their dies for use on his generic 81's.  glare

Glen
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2015, 07:15:36 pm »

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: