SMC Discussion Areas
May 16, 2024, 09:06:37 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Corona VMC 81  (Read 13247 times)
Jeffmon
25 Cent Member

« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2013, 01:50:58 pm »

Lol are you being serious or pulling my leg ? Lol if they do actually make them, we definitely don't have them around here !
Jeffmon
25 Cent Member

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2013, 02:18:29 pm »

Just googled it lol guess you weren't pulling my leg after all, those are really cool... I'm going to see if my local liquor store can have them brought in for me, if they can then I definitely know what my next project is !
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2013, 02:23:53 pm »

I like it. I like the theme and the palm trees. "10 cents" doesn't make sense to me. It doesn't match the theme of the machine IMO. The Corona theme is more modern than the price decal.
The rivets did stand out in the photo.

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
MaineT
Soda Jerks

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2013, 02:59:00 pm »

They actually do make Corona is small 7oz bottles, they are called "Coronitas".

I bought a 6 pack one time and the guy and a couple of customers were looking at me funny... An hour later i realized they make a Coronita!!

Tim
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2013, 03:20:23 pm »

I was just curious about the rivits on the machine.  It was in no way meant to bring attention to it, or to critique the resto on the machine.  Pat does outstanding work, with every screw, nut, bolt and decal (I know, I personally saw his work).

I was just curious is all.  Either way, the machine looks great!

happydrinkers

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2013, 05:09:14 pm »

Machine looks great, I love the Corona theme, I was going to do a vmc 27 in the corona them but it required way to much modification to be used for corona bottles, dam long neck bottles, figured it was pointless sacrificing a machine if I couldn't use it for it's intended themed purpose, I think a little counter top vmc 27 would look so cool in a Corona theme !

Why not pick up a generic Ideal or Glasco slider?   They can handle plenty of long-necks.   drinking

Embossed Coke Ideal 55 Slider
VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2013, 06:09:14 pm »

I like it. I like the theme and the palm trees. "10 cents" doesn't make sense to me. It doesn't match the theme of the machine IMO. The Corona theme is more modern than the price decal.
The rivets did stand out in the photo.

If I were doing it for myself, I'd go the extra bucks to fill the holes, but...   "The customer is always right"  if he tells you to leave the rivets, you leave the rivets.

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
Slider-Bob
Soda Jerks

« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2013, 06:50:44 pm »

If I were doing it for myself, I'd go the extra bucks to fill the holes, but...   "The customer is always right"  if he tells you to leave the rivets, you leave the rivets.

I disagree in not filling in the holes...I see your point JohnieG, but the fact of the matter is the customer didn't want the rivets removed because he didn't (or couldn't) pony up the extra cash to do it correctly.  It doesn't mean the restorer couldn't go the extra mile to "wow" the customer for what seems like a nominal amount of work effort.  Everybody talks about how "their work is their name", yet so often it comes down to money.

I get it...time is money, but dumping 3-4k into a restoration merits going the extra mile to me. Just my 2 cents...I'm certain some will disagree, while others will side with me.

Restored Coke 81D
Restored Pepsi, 7up VMC 81
Restored Popperette
Restored Wayne 60
coke_and_stuff
Soda Jerks

« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2013, 07:17:12 pm »

I agree 100% with you Bob, I am currently in the final stages of a Wayne 605 restore I planned and budgeted that it would have been done a week ago. I'm not 100% happy with it so I am in the finishing stages of it this week and hopefully will have it done by this weekend. Nothing was Farmed out on this everything including the sandblasting, bodywork, paint etc were all done by me in my shop. If I screw up its on me and my fault. There is always something that comes up like the "rivets" that should have not even been mentioned that is something that is so minor it should have been taken care of first thing after it was blasted as with any rust repair.

This Customer has had me build

2 Cavalier 72s
1 Cavalier 96
National A62 Gas Pump
Bennett 541
Bowser 585
Gilbarco 98 with Station lighter
Wayne 605

I'm not saying my work is perfect and its not. I have had problems with my work in the past and I resolved them took the item back and fixed it free of charge. That is the reason my customer keeps coming back as I take pride in my work, and do it right.

Also on your breaker strips if using originals use a DA Sander "if you have one" with 220 grit paper lightly sand it, prime and repaint black, It will look brand new with minimal cost. On the Gaps where the ends meet I use 3M Super 8 black electrical tape it covers the gap nicely and adds a nice finishing touch. Originally there was a black tape there as well.

Joey

Collector of nice original paint machines

Vendo 81 B, C, D
VMC 81 Pepsi, 7up, RC, Generic
6CV Coke, RC, Pepsi
VMC 110 RC
Vendo 39
Jacobs 26
Mills 47
Selectivend 64 7up NOS
Plus 30-50 parts and project machines
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2013, 08:34:35 pm »

I think that machine looks fantastic Pat!  These yellow 81's, RC Squirt etc. seem to be real eye catchers.

Yeah I spotted the rivets quickly like others here, but we are also the pickiest when it comes to soda machines.

The average person would think nothing of it ............ I think it tells a story about this particular machine.

Before becoming Corona, the 7up company had drilled 4 holes for their round sign as shown in the picture.

But after stripping the paint, 4 more holes showed up which appear to have supported a previous rectangular sign.

And who knows how many flavor decals before that?   Interesting, if only this machine could talk.

Glen
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: