SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 01:29:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Victor 3 door  (Read 18262 times)
Kaleid20
Soda Jerks

« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2012, 04:50:40 pm »

Have you guys used any of the Meguiars Professional Mirror Glaze series cleaners? These are the ones you can only get from them direct. Is this stuff too hard on the paint or will it work just fine on cleaning a machine?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 04:52:32 pm by Kaleid20 » Logged

Vendo 81D, 56, 44, 23 standard
Westy WE-6, WD-5, WH-5T
Cavalier 51, 72, C-12
Victor C-18
Dr Pepper Vendo 90
Dole Super Dispenser
Dave
10 Cent Member

« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2012, 06:01:56 pm »

Kalied20,
Never tried those. I've had such great luck with all their over the counter stuff, its hard to imagine they sell anything better. I'll have to check out their website. Thanks for the info.
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2012, 08:40:02 pm »

Have you guys used any of the Meguiars Professional Mirror Glaze series cleaners? These are the ones you can only get from them direct. Is this stuff too hard on the paint or will it work just fine on cleaning a machine?
I used mirror glaze on my '02 BMW, it worked really well.  Haven't tried it on any coke machines, but I may try polishing up the V80 this weekend so I'll report back.  I'll have to try on the back side in case it does any damage.   I agree with Dave - I tried a clay bar for the first time last year on my Spitfire and the results were awesome.  I keep it in the garage and it has a relatively new paint job but I couldn't believe what it removed.  The finish was unbelievably smooth.

Embossed Coke Ideal 55 Slider
VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2012, 06:55:57 am »

Thanks for the tips Dave!  That Victor turned out great.  Did you use the same steps on the black base on the machine?  I am going to have to try that out on my Victor 4 door to see how it turns out.  Are those products readily available at most auto parts stores?

drinking Tim drinking
Dave
10 Cent Member

« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2012, 10:38:17 am »

Those Victor 4 doors are cool. Is it the embossed version, and does it have a counter top?
Yes those Meguiars products are available at NAPA. Good luck. Post a pic of your Victor
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2012, 10:38:43 pm »

Embossed Coca Cola with the red and white paint job.  I am missing one of the cap catchers so I have been on the lookout for one of those.  White one if anyone has one!  Josh helped find this machine and Brian loaded it on his trailer and brought it all the way to MI from Dayton, OH for me.  It had a counter on it at one point but based on the mounts on your machine, mine was definitely some type of aftermarket adaptation.  I plan to have a counter made for it and figure out a way to mount it.  There are holes but again not a factory job.  Eventually I will do a full resto but for now it I can clean it even to 50% as good as yours looks I will be happy!  The biggest task will be getting the old leveler feet out of the bottom so I can put it on casters.  Going to roll it out of the garage on the dollys and lay it on its side on the lawn to PB blast those things and hopefully get them out.  I know one is already broken off so I will have to drill the out carefully.  This will be the main bar when I finish my basement.  I have some vintage soda stools with the seatbacks to go with it.

drinking Tim drinking
Dave
10 Cent Member

« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2012, 11:30:18 pm »

Those soda fountain stools are BadASS!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: