SMC Discussion Areas
May 09, 2024, 09:46:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More info needed on this 7up cooler  (Read 26834 times)
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2014, 03:35:50 pm »

I can't imagine why anyone here would contact the seller and tell him he's selling it too low if they didn't want to buy it themselves.

It might be a case that the seller was googling and found the site..

Dave,

You can't imagine that but I have had it happen to me on more than one occassion when I was buying a machine.  Luckily, the sellers followed through and did not jerk me around.  Unfortunately, there are people out there who will intentionally try to sour your deal so they can get a shot at it.  That is why you need to be careful how much and who you talke to about machines before you have them loaded in the truck!

My two cents anyway!

drinking Tim drinking
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2014, 03:59:06 pm »

I understand how someone would 'trump" the deal. Especially if its rare but the chap gave the impression that people made calls just to warn the seller. Maybe I read it wrong.

I always post in the soda jerks section but unfortunately that wasn't an option this time around. Anything posted on an open site can be read by anyone. Even the seller...

Pixel
Soda Jerks

« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2014, 06:37:08 pm »

Anything posted on an open site can be read by anyone. Even the seller...

I've often thought "Sellers could be reading these posts."

I made the same mistake years ago on a now ancient (for computer hardware) Yamaha synthesizer sound card. They were discontinued, and one retailer had 6 of them left. I posted about it on a forum, and would up empty handed. Utlimately, it worked out for the best I found something the could be made more versatile.

HowDueYouDue
Soda Jerks

« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2014, 09:41:41 pm »

Sorry to hear about the machine. Call it a lesson learned and don't let it turn you off from the hobby or from the forum.

I dreamed I had a good job and I got well paid.
I blew it all at the penny arcade.

-Eric Clapton & B.B. King
Jared
Soda Jerks

« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2014, 09:15:50 pm »

sorry to here about your situation.hang in there another machine will show up.
Pixel
Soda Jerks

« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2014, 09:59:38 pm »

sorry to here about your situation.hang in there another machine will show up.

Indeed, this hobby often requires a lot of patience. Especially if you're looking for something very particular.
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2014, 11:29:21 pm »

Sorry you got burned.
Never post anything you are the least bit interested in on any chat group until it is at the house or you have decided to pass.
Creighton

autobon7
5 Cent Member

« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2014, 08:54:38 am »

Chalked it up as lesson learned. This site is too cool to ignore.

It wasn't me, it was the one armed man
autobon7
5 Cent Member

« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2014, 08:20:18 pm »

After all this time and hoo ha the seller called me friday morning and asked me if I was still interested. He told me before that someone outa state contacted him and told him that the machine was worth more than he was asking and not to sell it to interested parties just yet. In the meantime he said he was going to research it and that I would still have 1st chance at it when the time was right. Then he dropped out of site until friday. I asked what he was asking before I made the drive out (expecting to be 3 or 4 times as much) but he said he tried to google it and couldn't find anything so he would stick to the original price ($250) because he was cleaning his garage out and tired of dealing with it. When we were loading it up he did confirm that TWO guys had called him telling him not to sell at that price. One guy was pushing him to create a paypal account (since he didn't have one) so that he would give him 3 times what he was going to sell to me and that he would travel out on the following weekend with a trailer and pick it up but he told me that he was afraid of being scammed (he was older).  It all worked out for me in the end but I learned a valuable lesson from the situation......and got very lucky.

It wasn't me, it was the one armed man
HowDueYouDue
Soda Jerks

« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2014, 08:40:25 pm »

Glad to hear it all worked out for you

I dreamed I had a good job and I got well paid.
I blew it all at the penny arcade.

-Eric Clapton & B.B. King
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: