SMC Discussion Areas
May 10, 2024, 10:46:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More info needed on this 7up cooler  (Read 26840 times)
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2014, 04:40:42 pm »

Autobon7

Funny I worked with Graham many times as a service guy with high speed Labeling machines mainly with the pinch grip bottles for Welch / Tree top / Clement papas and so on

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2014, 05:56:06 pm »

I was also one of the lookers who did not post.  Liked the cooler but had nothing to add.  There are a lot of lurkers here that are looking to pick off machines but there are also many useful search tools and apps that could have led many people to that cooler without too much effort.  Sorry you got sniped down but in general this board and the people on it are very helpful. help

Early on in my collecting, I did what you did with a very rare cooler and almost got sniped by another member/lurker.  Fortunately for me, the seller honored his deal with me and did not sell it out from under from me even though he was offered more money by the guy who tried to snipe me.  Lesson learned the hard way.  Now that I have been around a bit, I typically do what Eric describes and consult with a few of the friends I have made.  I don't usually post pictures until the machine is loaded and in my possession.

Don't despair as many more coolers and other machines will come along.  Unfortunately, it is often difficult to forget about the one that got away.

Happy to help whenever I can. happydrinkers

drinking Tim drinking
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2014, 06:05:01 pm »

Yep! only the best MS_paint will do!   laugh

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
Sarman47
25 Cent Member

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2014, 06:57:03 pm »

Very unfortunate Autobon7

Sad to hear.

I think some of us new members have just leaned a very good lesson at your expense.

You will find another machine/cooler.

Cavalier C1-55D
Cavalier C2-55E    
Westinghouse WB126-B6-D (daily driver)
Vendo 39
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2014, 09:29:28 pm »

It's a cute little cooler but it's only worth $1000 and you have a couple hours drive to get it? How much was he asking for it, $500.00 ?
Seller was uncooperative and it may have compressor issues, so there is a good chance you could have been underwater in no time, had you bought it.

Glen
TomFromJersey
Soda Jerks

« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2014, 11:48:23 pm »

We have a Graham Packaging Plant here in NJ scheduled to close this year. It services Ocean Spray, and they are moving south.
   TFJ

Grapette Quickold Standard
AMI I200 AMI H200
Wurlitzer 61, 600, 700, 750, 800, 1080, 2100
Packard Musical Bar
Chicago Coin BandBox
15 remote speakers and counting
A bunch of Grapette stuff
Some really cool vending machines
autobon7
5 Cent Member

« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2014, 09:35:30 pm »

Thought I'd give everyone an update to this situation. The seller finally contacted me and said that several folks had emailed him and told him that his machine was worth more than he was trying to get. He said he told each person that contacted him that he had a buyer (me) and the response was the same from all......not to sell to me for the agreed price. He told me that he wants to take his time and research the value but he would still let me have 1st chance to buy. I tried to find out if any of the folks that emailed him had anything in common and he said that a couple mentioned that they were from a soda machine forum.   glare  I asked when they 1st contacted him and he looked through his emails and responded with 2 dates. The 1st being the day I 1st posted this and the next day. No big surprise. It is what it is........live and learn.

It wasn't me, it was the one armed man
Sarman47
25 Cent Member

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2014, 07:53:55 am »

Interesting.

I guess we must keep our cards closer to the vest.

Like you, I am new to this and would seek knowledge on here as well, you could not ask for better.

As stated previously, most on here will help you. It's those darn lurkers.

Jeff

Cavalier C1-55D
Cavalier C2-55E    
Westinghouse WB126-B6-D (daily driver)
Vendo 39
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2014, 12:51:42 pm »

I can't imagine why anyone here would contact the seller and tell him he's selling it too low if they didn't want to buy it themselves.

It might be a case that the seller was googling and found the site..
MaineT
Soda Jerks

« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2014, 02:58:15 pm »

I can't imagine why anyone here would contact the seller and tell him he's selling it too low if they didn't want to buy it themselves.

It might be a case that the seller was googling and found the site..
[/quote

I'm sure it wasn't charity. More than likely, several people were telling him to sell it to them which made him think twice.

Tim
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: