SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 08:48:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tales from a big country  (Read 17467 times)
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2005, 10:43:13 pm »

Great commentary Dave! Gotta watch those seniors, they learn several things while they are driving 35 in a 70 with the blinker on. Have yet to figure out what language is spoken at Micky D's :-)
Thanks!
Creighton
petey64
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2005, 12:14:37 am »

well Dave you are settling in, you got your first taste of road rage and the experiance of working with our very own food service industry workers, now since you are in florida go to miami lose the wife for a couple of hours and go to south beach make sure to wear sunglasses and try not to pull an eye muscle staring at the Cuban girls. ':cool:'

BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2005, 06:58:07 am »

Yeah, I was gonna say. We get the same reception at most eating establishments here in my town too....How peculiar.
Customer service as a whole in the US has taken a dive in the past few years.

It's great to hear that you're having a good time though, Dave.

Brian
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2005, 03:47:18 pm »

If you come to Miami, be sure to bring your passport.  You will be entering a foreign country.  Think you have experienced culture shock, think again.
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2005, 04:02:57 pm »

I think I'll give Miami a wide berth this time around.

How did the Keys hold off during Rita. Saw some on the news but not a lot.

Dave
firemun
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2005, 07:22:26 pm »

Still looking for RC Cola

on the way back to Charlotte

Dave,
I am in Charlotte.  How much RC Cola you want and where would you like to meet at?

I do not have many machines compared to some, but you are welcome to look at mine:
VMC27, VMC27A, Cav 51 Cav96, Westinghouse WD 20 Ideal 55 Generic and an Embossed Ideal 55 Coca Cola.  Those I have here, VMC 139, CAV 64, WD22 in storage.

jeff

« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2005, 10:35:38 pm »

The Keys had some damage, but not that bad.  Also the Keys bounce back quickly.  And Miami is not really bad, just different.
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2005, 07:23:02 am »

Hi Jeff

Thanks very much for the offer. We are on vactation in Myrtle Beach and will be flying home from Charlotte. Next Tuesday. We have made arrangements to drop the car off at the airport 2 hrs before our flight leaves. Because the kids don't travel well we'll be leaving Myrtle Beach to travel direct to the airport.

If we exchange again in Myrtle Beach I'd love to take you up on your offer of looking at your machines. What you have would be considered a museum here in the UK.

Take Care

Dave
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2016, 10:34:32 pm »

Wow 11 years ago. First trip to the US with the kids. Here we are, seasoned travellers. Both of them teenagers and eight trips under our belts.

Somethings never change though. Still having trouble with your bacon and iced Tea. Oh and your driving. All this overtaking and undertaking is driving (literally) me mad. Everyone is texting too.

Still wouldn't choose to holiday anywhere else.
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2016, 02:29:23 am »

Howdy Dave,
I'm glad of all of the places you could go, You picked the USA.
Just tell them how you want your bacon and iced tea.

Most of the drivers here are just not very good In FL. really bad :-).

Need anything just holler and have a great time !!
Creighton

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: