SMC Discussion Areas
May 05, 2024, 04:39:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: can someone tell me what machine this is  (Read 5262 times)
aaronhirschfield
« on: March 22, 2011, 11:15:34 am »

have a V-39 someone gave me and it got me hooked on all things coin op a few years ago much to my wife's dismay, however i ran into this machine and i don't know anything about it model, brand year or value it's located about an hr or so away if its worth the trip I'll go get it. the seller knows nothing about the machine except that it runs. if anyone can give me some info on it that would help me decide,seller wants 175.00 if i want to get it and restore it thanks guys
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 11:22:24 am by aaronhirschfield » Logged
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 11:25:49 am »

Cav 27... your missing the front Vending Handle, which will be hard to find.. make sure the insides are there, coin mech...

oops I see answer was posted while I posted as well..

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 11:42:19 am »

Yes - a Cavalier 27.
Like John said - make sure the insides are there. The only drum I've ever seen for sale just sold for about $500. Looks like the mech is there but missing the handle, which may be as difficult to find as the drum.

If it is incomplete but you like it and want it as a display piece, then $175 is not bad. I've heard they are a real pain to restore - the evaporator has a cork seal on it.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
aaronhirschfield
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 12:07:19 pm »

thanks for all your help guys i just called her back and she sold it about 5min ago !@#$%^&
RED SPARKS
10 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 04:17:29 pm »

About 13 years ago I had been dealing with a  guy trying to buy his 69 Camaro Z28.  Keep in mind I live in Oklahoma and he was as a good ole boy as you could find around here.  He lived about an hour and a half away from me.  I had found it listed in a small town paper from where a friend of mine was from.  Called and the old boy mailed me some polaroids.  Rough but supposed to have original motor and trans.  Go see it and drive it.  A bit rough and in 3 shades of primer but runs decent.  Dealt with him on a price and he told that he had an offer from a guy but hadn't heard back from him in a few days.  He would give him another few days since he was a buddy.  So I leave my number and head home. Get a call 3 days later and he says its mine if I want it.  Told him I would be down the next Saturday with the money.  Called him before I left, drove an hour and a half get there to have him tell me he just sold it 15 minutes before I got there.  He B.S'ed me a bit and finally said they had offered him more than we had agreed on.  He wouldn't say how much but I got the feeling it was only a couple hundred bucks.  So after telling him that he wasted my time and gas and that was low down after telling me he was holding for another person but couldn't keep his word for an hour longer...  When heading back we were on the Interstate about half way home and there I see the Camaro on the side of the road with the hood up and not looking like it was going to be quick a fix.  On the flip side I ended up with a 1986 Buick LeSabre, that I was given a really good deal on from grandma.  So don't sweat missing out too much, there will be more.  Plus if its difficult or super pricey to find parts might be way more cost and headache than its worth...     

"Not everyone can be a hero, somebody has to sit on the curb and clap as they go by"- Will Rogers

BOOMER SOONER!!!
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2011, 04:21:49 pm »

Great story... And so true.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: