SMC Discussion Areas
May 18, 2024, 03:05:07 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cavalier CS-72 small embossing value. Please Help Quickly!!  (Read 3612 times)
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« on: June 28, 2010, 11:57:37 am »

I am looking at a CS-72 in great original condition. It is complete and works. It is local so no shipping is involved. What is the current market on the machine? I know they used to sell very well and are desirable. It is the less desirable small embossing machine. It is complete, cools and vends. It looks to be very nice too. I am sure it could use a repaint but it is rust free.

My question is what is the machine worth? Are they as desirable as the vendo 81? of the hundreds of machines I have had I have never had a CS-72. Please give me your opinions.
GreginNM
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 12:11:11 pm »

Josh, I see decent ones come up around here for $1000 or so fairly frequently.  There is a guy around here that buys them and restores them...he pays $900 or less unrestored, and then turns them.  There is a restored one on CL here (as always, the guy has several restored machines at top price) for $4995, but it hasn't sold.  Don't know if this helps, but there you go!

Greg

Vendo: 39B, Standard
Jacobs: 35
Ideal: 35 DP
Westinghouse: WB-66-MD, WD-10, Junior, Standard
SelectiVend: S-48 DP x 2
SelVend: S-47 7up
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 02:02:38 pm »

Nice originals 1000-1300 on average from what I've seen.. again thats for a nice one. little less for one in worse condition.  Please post photos!

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
sodahere
10 Cent Member

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 02:16:44 pm »

I sold one in the winter did not cool but was clean no rust small letters $850 I started at a $1000 and just kept lowering till some one bit on it.
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 07:11:14 pm »

Well we had a deal and I was going tomorrow get it and he screwed me and sold it out from under me. I hate people like that. What a jerk!
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2010, 08:43:04 pm »

Well we had a deal and I was going tomorrow get it and he screwed me and sold it out from under me. I hate people like that. What a jerk!
This seems to be happening a lot lately. Did you give him h3ll about it?

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
Vendo_110
10 Cent Member

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2010, 08:44:11 pm »

I feel ya!  Just had a V81-D sold from under me as well a few days ago!  darn

Vendo 110 (Coke)
Vendo 56A (Coke)
Cavalier C-51 (Coke)
Cavalier C-72 (Coke)
VMC H56C Transitional (Dr Pepper)
RC kid
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2010, 08:52:05 pm »

I have found that if it is a good deal you have to leave work and go get the item quickly, before anybody else can get to it.

And you have to have cash in the house because there is no time to go to the bank.

I learned this the hard way.
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2010, 08:55:07 pm »

One of my least favorite things to happen.

I agree on the quick pick-up if possible. With my VMC-81 Pepsi, I called the seller at 6pm and was on the road to Illinois the next day by noon for a 6 hour round trip drive. I wasn't too soon either!

Josh, did you ever end up getting that 7up machine from Bloomington, IN?

Brian
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2010, 10:38:05 pm »

Brian,

I think they dec=ided to keep it. they said they were just thinking about selling it and would let me know however I told them to give you first shot since you are local.

Also if someone here got this Cav 72 I want you to know that I am in no way upset at you for getting it. It is the seller that I am mad at. If someone here bought it you had no way of knowing. I just wanted to throw that out just in case.                                                                                                               
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: