SMC Discussion Areas
May 18, 2024, 04:01:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cavalier CSS-80G What is it worth  (Read 4871 times)
retrobob

« on: March 19, 2010, 07:51:20 pm »

I just got this machine .  I think it is a 1964.  Inside is in great shape.  All the shelves are there and original cooling unit.  Everything is here except the door t-handle lock is broken.  It still locks but I need a new handle.  If anyone has one, I would appreciate a PM.  What is this machine worth?

loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 08:47:45 pm »

Value depends on the buyer with square tops. The value for square tops vary greatly. Your machine is a later model CSS80. The G model is the last model made and is from the late 60's through mid 70's. The T handles are hard to find as they are not reproduced and I have had a hard time finding them before. When the economy was better these square tops were selling very well but now the economy has slowed it down a little. Someone just offered me the CSS-64 version of this same machine which is somewhat more desirable due to its smaller size and I paid $200. Depending on condition, completeness and working condition I would say it is worth between $200-$400.

They are great machines to use as Garage / rec room machines. Yours looks to be in good condition and is a nice machine. I personally think the style Star sign is the vest looking sign used in these machine.
retrobob

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 11:39:02 pm »

Value depends on the buyer with square tops. The value for square tops vary greatly. Your machine is a later model CSS80. The G model is the last model made and is from the late 60's through mid 70's. The T handles are hard to find as they are not reproduced and I have had a hard time finding them before. When the economy was better these square tops were selling very well but now the economy has slowed it down a little. Someone just offered me the CSS-64 version of this same machine which is somewhat more desirable due to its smaller size and I paid $200. Depending on condition, completeness and working condition I would say it is worth between $200-$400.

They are great machines to use as Garage / rec room machines. Yours looks to be in good condition and is a nice machine. I personally think the style Star sign is the vest looking sign used in these machine.

Well, I paid $192.00 for it.  I bought it for a friend.  It is a clean machine with a few minor cosmetic bumps and bruises.  I was amazed at the inside as all it needs is a little elbow grease.  It really is in pretty good condition.  I don't know if my friend will have it repainted or not.  If I were to keep it, I would go to the trouble to repaint the cabinet and front.  The gaskets all look very good and the glass is fine.  It cools really well and has the original cooling system.  I hope I can find a handle.  All I need is the T-handle.  The lock and the screw mechanism is all there and works just fine.  Thanks for your post.  There seem to be some really good folks on this site. Thanks again! PS--If you come across a lock, please contact me. 
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 12:53:37 pm »

T-handles can be bought new, try Vendor exchange inc. international  (VEII) you'd need to know aprox. what length the original was, typically on these early machines, they were quite short, while new modern Vendo's like a big Coke 536 vendo would use a 7" handle (due to the thickness of the door)

http://veii.com/

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: