SMC Discussion Areas
May 25, 2024, 04:30:20 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cavalier 64  (Read 8164 times)
dwbarg
« on: November 06, 2009, 04:04:38 pm »

Ok guys sorry to bother you again.  What is this machine worth.  It is what I want and looks good.  I don't know if they will come down on the price.  They want $450.  Thanks
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 07:07:05 pm »

I think $450 is pretty high. It is a good machine that will probably go up in value over the years.. I think $250 is more realistic..

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 07:37:24 pm »

The USS-8-64 is a great machine because you can vend just about anything out of it and parts are available in the event that anything goes wrong.  It is also a nice compact machine and is easy to move by yourself.  My first and everyday user machine is a 64.  $450.00 seems high but that machine looks pretty clean.  I have seen them go for quite a bit less.  Can't hurt to make him an offer or just show up with $300 cash and see if he bites!

Of course, if you really want it go for it.

drinking Tim  drinking
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 06:30:27 am by mznb1u » Logged
Pat Pixley
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2009, 11:28:54 pm »

the Cav 64 are great machine's they rate up there with the Vendo 63  , and like Tim said there are
alot of parts available.
And I will agree with everybody the price is high  take $350 with you offer $300  have the rest in in small
bills if want more  and stuff it in different pocket or out in the Veh.
dwbarg
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2009, 07:33:23 am »

Thanks.  I thought it looked a little high.  She said the price was pretty firm...maybe a little room, but not much.  She also said her husband had it at his business and it got where it wasn't cooling good.  He said it probably needed freon or something. She said freon didn't sound right.  Is there anything else you need in the machine to make it cool? Can you acually ad freon to those machines?  I was thinking they were a closed type system.
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2009, 08:28:11 am »

If its not cooling, then the price is way too high. They are closed systems, that do leak or fail on occasion. There are a few other things it could be if not cooling, but in any case, it hurts the price.

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2009, 03:52:28 pm »

Walk Away.... I know you are keen but another will come your way soon enough....

mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2009, 07:13:55 pm »

For sure the price is too high if it does not cool.  It could be something simple but it could need a new compressor and then you would have more into the machine than it is worth!

$200 tops and that is probably too high!

drinking Tim drinking
Bent Coin Return

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2009, 02:58:01 am »

Iinspect the cooling system. It could be a stuck fan or filth if the compressor still runs. Remember the market is dead soft for ANY machine so you have a lot of bargaining power right now.

Cavalier USS-12-96
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2009, 03:13:07 am »

To be honest ... If her price is reasonably firm and there are issues over the cooling system I wouldn't waste
the petrol money going to look at it...

Trust me another will pop along soon enough...

Dave
dwbarg
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2009, 07:49:06 am »

Thanks to everybody that replied.  I'll try to be patient and walk away.  I doubt they would come off $50 the way she talked.  The machine was in her daughters kitchen with a coke theme and then her husband took it to his work and before he closed it started not cooling well.  Who knows.  I'll let her sit on it.  She has my email and cell #.  What is a USS 64 worth in decent shape and working properly...$250-$350?
Pat Pixley
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2009, 11:38:39 am »

Right now with the market being soft  you could get a nice looking  Cav.64  I would say  $300 -$350,
 and that all comes down to you location  I do believe that has a lot to play in it .
dwbarg
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2009, 11:07:34 am »

Well, I emailed the lady and told her nicely that it was not worth $450 b/c of my inquiries with the people on this forum.  She says it runs but does not cool.  She wants me to come look at the machine and make an offer and they will consider it.  I told her this is my busy time of the year (I manage a cotton gin) and I would be in touch. It was hard to find time just to go 50 miles to look.  Anyway, what has to be done if is just freon leaking.  Also, what else could it be...t-stat?   I will say, it is a nice looking machine and it doesn't have the wood grain on it!  Thats a plus in my book.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 11:09:19 am by dwbarg » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: