SMC Discussion Areas
May 20, 2024, 04:16:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What size bulb?  (Read 9075 times)
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2008, 07:10:03 pm »

Very nice find & the perfect size for clocks & lightup menu signs, etc too!

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
aspbear
25 Cent Member

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2008, 07:46:53 pm »

Thanks, learn something every day up here.  I am going to see if I can find some of these..

aspbear
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2008, 12:46:02 am »

Thanks for all the input!
I did not see what Curtis had pictured, but I got something similar.
I got it at Home Depot:

It is a mini spiral lamp fluorescent bulb.
BRAND: N:VISION
OUTPUT: 450 LUMENS
ENERGY WATTS USED: 9 WATTS
LIFE HOURS: 10,000 HOURS

It provides a nice 40W bright light, but only uses 9 watts and therefore less generated heat. Packaging boasts that it last nine years - really lights up the clock! biggrin

Thanks again for all the responses!!!

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
Pat Pixley
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2008, 12:47:35 am »

I replaced all my bulbs in my home with the new florescent bulb's and it has mad a differences in my electric bill of $8.00 a month add that up and thats a $96.00 dollar savings
for the year  smile.

set that aside for a soda machine  biggrin.
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2008, 12:51:56 am »

I replaced all my bulbs in my home with the new florescent bulb's and it has mad a differences in my electric bill of $8.00 a month add that up and thats a $96.00 dollar savings
for the year  smile.

set that aside for a soda machine  biggrin.

I am slowly switching to them as well - as the old conventional ones burn out.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2008, 10:50:57 am »

One of my co-workers, an electrical engineer, changed ALL of his bulbs in his house from incandescent lights to Compact Flourescent Lights (CFL's) about three years ago. I asked him how things were going with that and he has ended up switching back to incandescent!!

He basically did a time study on them and came to the educated conclusion that cost outweighed performance when it came to CFL's. He found that they burnt out much quicker than rated and cost approx. 6-7 time as much as a standard bulb. The cost savings on his electrical bill was ok but did not make up for the early replacement cost.

As far as clocks go, I'll switch mine over to the one Curtis showed or a small CFL. Better safe than sorry!

Brian
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2008, 12:51:49 pm »

One of my co-workers, an electrical engineer, changed ALL of his bulbs in his house from incandescent lights to Compact Flourescent Lights (CFL's) about three years ago. I asked him how things were going with that and he has ended up switching back to incandescent!!

He basically did a time study on them and came to the educated conclusion that cost outweighed performance when it came to CFL's. He found that they burnt out much quicker than rated and cost approx. 6-7 time as much as a standard bulb. The cost savings on his electrical bill was ok but did not make up for the early replacement cost.

As far as clocks go, I'll switch mine over to the one Curtis showed or a small CFL. Better safe than sorry!

I was wondering what the payback time was on that.. Thanks for the info. We have gotten into the habit of turning the lights and tv's off when not in the room. My wife is doing ok with it, but the kids have a little way to go still.

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
pyro3256

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2008, 12:06:32 am »

soap box for a min. as my master taught me " bulbs are for the gardner lamps light the way".
hay what ever works for you. never underestimate the electrical supply house most are tied to lighting centers as well as fixturers are the number one upgrade for builders. so different lamps (bulbs) are common place to them no matter the wattage or style or voltage.  on a side note.  bottom line you gotta find what works. i collect lone star beer things. got a large sign than has a revolving center. and it would not turn, motor burned up. looked every where ask around. even went to the lone star plant in san antone and ask. no one knew about the motor in the sign. fill'n in at another station and see a burned up bbq. and wires exposed. ask what happened. " grease fire!, while on a call"  ask what are the wires told me the auto rotisery. two calls later and i had a slow moving 120 v slim line motor that with a drill bit and super glue worked in my sign. moral what ever works!  biggrin

My advise to you is to start drinking heavily.(Aniamal house)
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: