SMC Discussion Areas
May 20, 2024, 10:09:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vertical Orange Crush Sign  (Read 7053 times)
vendo81d
10 Cent Member

« on: April 03, 2016, 08:51:37 pm »

Anyone know where I can get an Orange Crush sign like the one pictured?  Someone got the steal of the century Friday night on one of these.  It was listed on eBay as a "Buy it Now" for $250.  Why can't I ever find any steals like that?
cormy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 09:30:05 am »

Sure its real? (old)

cmc
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2016, 10:09:12 am »

That is a steal, and I have not seen anything like this on the repop market... I'd say it was a good deal on original sign.

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
vendo81d
10 Cent Member

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2016, 09:13:53 pm »

Well, this sign made a reappearance on eBay.  It seems that the buyer (oldjunque74) who got the steal of the century was only interested in flipping this sign for a big profit.  It just sold tonight for $1776.99.
mygoose101
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2016, 10:40:16 pm »

Sounds like a smart business man. Very nice sign though, love it!

Vendo 81A Original
Vendo 81B Original
Vendo 81D Restored
Vendo 56 Restored
VMC Pepsi 81 Restoredx2
Cavalier 72
Ideal Embossed Coke Slider
Stoner Theater Restored
Stoner Theater w/Gum Wheel Restored
Stoner Jr. Restored
Seeburg V200 Jukebox Restored
Seeburg 100C
Seeburg 100R
Seeburg 100W
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2016, 11:17:52 pm »

Well, this sign made a reappearance on eBay.  It seems that the buyer (oldjunque74) who got the steal of the century was only interested in flipping this sign for a big profit.  It just sold tonight for $1776.99.

Every dog has his day!  Motivates me to get out and start looking more!
HowDueYouDue
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2016, 09:11:56 am »

Sounds like a smart business man. Very nice sign though, love it!

Have seen that happen more than once on craigslist but never noticed it on eBay.

I dreamed I had a good job and I got well paid.
I blew it all at the penny arcade.

-Eric Clapton & B.B. King
ajf5577
Soda Jerks

Andy

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2016, 02:07:20 pm »

Even a blind hog will find an acorn once in a while. I've found a few myself.

VMC 7up 81
VMC Pepsi 33
Coke 81
Pepsi CV 78D
Vendo Milk Machine
Whistle Quikold
Whistle S&S
Cleo Cola Quikold
Stoner Gum Wheel
Looking for Picnic Coolers
Wanted- Superior Jr Orange Crush and Grapette
Starr X Openers
vendo81d
10 Cent Member

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2016, 02:53:39 pm »

A week or two ago I found a nice 1930's Dr. Pepper thermometer on craigslist for $150.  I sent a message to the seller and tried to buy it.  He told me that he had just sold it.  The next day it was on eBay as a "Buy it Now" for $650 (as of today it's still there).
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2016, 04:16:14 pm »

Can't blame people for wanting to make a "few bob" but I guess it does hurt when you know that your only motive for the item was to display it and cherish it forever.

Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2016, 01:00:07 am »

Great thread and comments!!

Takes a bunch of time and effort to search, deal with sellers... The $1500 made on the sign was a nice paycheck. The BIN $250 could have resulted in a $30 repo showing up.

Have to say being stuck in a motel this weekend with time to watch Counting Cars, Pickers... Got me motivated to work harder on finding the keepers don't have yet. Never know what else might turn up.
Creighton

vendo81d
10 Cent Member

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2016, 09:53:01 am »

Obviously a repro didn't show up.  If it did, then you just have to fight through eBay to get your money back.  I'm in the process of doing that right now.
ajf5577
Soda Jerks

Andy

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2016, 10:30:22 am »

Obviously a repro didn't show up.  If it did, then you just have to fight through eBay to get your money back.  I'm in the process of doing that right now.

As a buyer, eBay is all over getting your money back. As a seller, eBays standard line is F U !
It shouldn't be difficult, especially if you paid through PayPal. They jump all over the funds and the seller until the situation is resolved. At least that is my experience as a seller. Even to the extent, that if the seller agrees that the description may not match the item, the seller must pay the return shipping back to them.
It's a huge racket! But.... we have now hijacked this thread and must move on  censored

VMC 7up 81
VMC Pepsi 33
Coke 81
Pepsi CV 78D
Vendo Milk Machine
Whistle Quikold
Whistle S&S
Cleo Cola Quikold
Stoner Gum Wheel
Looking for Picnic Coolers
Wanted- Superior Jr Orange Crush and Grapette
Starr X Openers
HowDueYouDue
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2016, 10:01:14 pm »

Great thread and comments!!

Takes a bunch of time and effort to search, deal with sellers... The $1500 made on the sign was a nice paycheck. The BIN $250 could have resulted in a $30 repo showing up.

Have to say being stuck in a motel this weekend with time to watch Counting Cars, Pickers... Got me motivated to work harder on finding the keepers don't have yet. Never know what else might turn up.
Creighton

Thank you for that bit of motivation. Kind of needed a boost after sitting/circling my local flea market 30 minutes for a parking spot and the only coin op was a Carousel gumball machine

I dreamed I had a good job and I got well paid.
I blew it all at the penny arcade.

-Eric Clapton & B.B. King
cormy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2016, 10:14:44 am »

Timing is everything in cases like these. Yes it stinks when your the guy who is late to the party and miss out... glare

But unless you devote all your time to searching dozens of market places, on line, all the time...its going to happen. I guess some do

I'm happy with my occasional good timing hit.. happydrinkers

cmc
vendo81d
10 Cent Member

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2016, 09:32:30 pm »

I don't know what's going on, but the vertical orange crush sign is for sale on eBay again.  It is for sale from the same seller as last time.  I don't know if somehow his over $1700 sale fell through or what.  I sent a message to the seller to find out what happened and got no response.  Maybe his shill accidentally had the top bid last time.
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: