SMC Discussion Areas
May 20, 2024, 12:46:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Shop Space for Me!!!!  (Read 11721 times)
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« on: November 05, 2015, 09:28:13 am »

I've been working out of the garage for TOOOO Long... and finally getting sick of not being able to park cars in the Garage in our wonderful Wisconsin winters....

so POPMACHINESHOP is moving to the backyard!!!!

I've looked into several ways to expand my current space, add onto the house, and nothing was feasible due to space and design of our house..
I built this 18x24 2 story barn in the backyard for storage about 6 years ago to store my 59 Vette , Lawn mower, Yard toys, and of course my machine inventory.  Finally decided the only way to have a dedicated shop was to add onto this building for the Car, Mower and yard stuff and then dedicate the 18x24 space soley to my shop.  Freeing up the garage space by moving out my compressor, blaster, workbench tools and of course machines I'm working on.

The new cement was laid a few weeks ago finally, and the addition we are building on the 13-15 (yes I'll be coming right home from Chicago Show and then working my A** off to build it with my Brother in laws (good to have contractors in the family) biggrin

The current shop I have cleaned out a bit , moved the car to the garage for now, mower and other stuff outside under a tarp.  and all machines huddled in the middle for now..  Ran some new electrical to have enough outlets and such, and started insulating the building so I can have heat out there.  then walling it up with simple OSB.. Didn't want to mess around with Drywall, plus the OSB gives me the flexibility to hang stuff...

so that's where I'm at as of last night.. thought I'd share as I am getting rather excited about having a dedicated shop just for my "Hobby" glare

More to come if you care to see..

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 09:59:44 am »

Looks great.  I can see why you are so excited.
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2015, 10:38:04 am »

Nice to have land.  I could build a 18" x 24" barn in my backyard.

A lot of stuff.
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2015, 10:50:24 am »

Now is the time to run your plumbing for the bathroom,  and cable for the TV / internet.
        Bring in a cot.......... then tell your wife you will see her in the spring!  tounge

I agree, must be nice to have that land to build on.

Glen
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2015, 10:54:43 am »

Looking Great John!

I recently did the same thing but my space is considerably smaller 12x12.  I like having a little space that is separate.  My kids miss hanging on the bottle doors, but I sure don't!

Run cable Slider Bob suggested it when I did the ditch makes it that much better!

Keep us Updated!

Jared
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 07:42:05 pm by Slapshot42 » Logged
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2015, 11:21:32 am »

Nice space, John--you need a few more machines!  laugh Cool biggrin The hard work will be well worth it when you are finished.  You might want to load up one of those machines with your favorite malt beverages to keep the help happy! happydrinkers

That is my plan for someday as well!  I even have the garage picked out.  Just need the money now! Nice set up with a second floor man-cave. For now, I can only dream.

drinking Tim drinking

SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2015, 11:25:56 am »

Tim, Nice building, I'm going more for function than design, and for a very tight budget...
Glen, the only lines I'm running are 220 for my heater and compressor.. Cable line would only delay my projects even more.. be too busy watching TV and not working on machines... WIFI from house reaches out there!

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Slider-Bob
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2015, 12:47:37 pm »

That Looks nice John...Now you will have room for those Pepsi 81's you pick up next week!  Congrats!

Restored Coke 81D
Restored Pepsi, 7up VMC 81
Restored Popperette
Restored Wayne 60
Funtronics
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2015, 02:51:45 pm »

Nothing better than having your own space to work.

Rod
Fun-Tronics
crackerman_don
25 Cent Member

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2015, 07:08:30 pm »

John allways nice to have space to work on stuff I waited 20 years to build mine and finally got one built and now I have no time to use it LOL. Looks good!!!!

Don

Vendo-39
Vendo-27a
Vendo-56
7 up VMC-33
Popperette
Vendo 27
Vendo 44
Pepsi Gullwing
Minut pop
Seeburg W
You'll Like popcorn