SMC Discussion Areas
May 29, 2024, 08:39:14 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo 39  (Read 2254 times)
Ilikecoke6

« on: February 24, 2010, 11:41:11 pm »

Hi Guys,
Ok, I just picked up a Vendo 39 in great shape.  I will post some pics as soon as i can, i just unloaded it off the truck. 
The history as i know it is,
The guy  I got it from has owned it since 1982 when he worked for Coke.  He had the machine gone over at the coke plant in KS.  For the last 15 years it has just been sitting in the basment unsued, collecting dust.  So, there is really not a lot i need to do to it.  However, I do have a question, The vend handle that pushed down to vend, I read that there is a slip cluch on this, to me it seems like it should engage more, but im not sure, Oh, and im sure this is important, i have not loaded it yet, so this might have something to do with advancing the basket.  But it just seems like the handle slips a little too much.

Thanks for any imput.
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 11:49:08 pm »

The clutch pawl inside the crank handle may be reversed. It should give with enough pressure clockwise (like you are trying to force it to vend), but it should give easily with counter-clockwise pressure.
The clutch pawl is designed this way so you can flip the handle counter-clockwise easily to open the coin door and will have enough resistance to vend, but will give in the clockwise direction if pressure is sufficient to possibly break the handle.
There is an instructional on handle reassembly in the 'Tips and Tutorials' section of this site.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: