SMC Discussion Areas
May 11, 2024, 12:24:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bottle sizes/types for vendo 56??  (Read 3736 times)
« on: October 29, 2003, 10:16:31 pm »

This is my first post so please humor me.  I can't find any discussion about using new plastic bottles with these older machines.  I am looking at buying a Vendo 56, 81, or 110 for my game room.  I have found a 56 that has been restored and is preferrable to me because of the smaller size.  I am wondering if the new plastic soda bottles will work with these machines?  My father didn't seem to think so, but i've seen pictures with them loaded.  I'm sure the 24 oz would be too large but what about the 16oz, etc?

Thanks,

Larry
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2003, 08:27:52 am »

The 16 oz/ 355ml size Coke plastic bottles will fit. but you never know unless you do a trial fitting, just because it's diameter will pass through the front of the rack doesn't mean it'll clear the vending gate/rollers, I've seen newer Pepsi, DrPepper,& 7up plastic bottles that are long & skinny
and of course the big 20oz are way too big. so double check by buying one & make sure it will roll down the shelf & vend without hanging itself up in the rack. now if they'd just stop using that slimey cornsyrup & go back to cane/beet-sugar, they'd have there product tasting better too!  ':p'       in my option soda always tastes better in glass, & it has a better shelf life too. up to a year, instead of a couple of months.

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2004, 01:28:25 am »

I have a vendo 56 coke machine.  The 16.9 oz (1/2 liter) plastic coke bottles DO FIT FINE !!! ':cool:'
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: