SMC Discussion Areas
May 09, 2024, 03:24:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinco harness to connect a mars dbv  (Read 3883 times)
« on: July 31, 2005, 11:21:16 am »

Hi everyone,  I recently bought a late 80's / early 90s Vendo 7 selection pepsi machine that is 117 volts.  It had no coin mech or DBV included however, so I purchases a Coinco 3340-s coin mech and a Mars VFM4 DBV off of Ebay.  So here is my problem,  the 3340-s has a 6 pin connector with 2 wires leading to it and the VFM4  has a 9 pin connector with 7 wires leading to it.  After looking on the Coinco website, they show a "Non Standard Validator Harness" PN 406737 that looks like it might work for me.  Or could i simply switch out the Jones plug and DBV wireing harness from a Coinco 3341-s which has the 9 pin connector and put it in my 3340-s.  My next question is, does anyone have access to either of these harnesses that I could buy from them if they would work.    This is an excellent board, it has helped me greatly with tips on cleaning my machine, making the free vend switch and general information resources.  Thanks everyone.

Freelander.
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2005, 12:08:34 pm »

Welcome to the board Freelander. Glad the old posts have helped. I'm sure someone will help soon.
Creighton
ussexplorer
10 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2005, 11:45:13 pm »

The only difference in connectors I saw on-line was voltages. One was a 24 pin connector I think or something for 24v dc. Anyway it was  24volt coin mech for the newer machines. Seems to me there is other types too. So if you look up that model you purchased. It should say weither it is 24 volt or 117 volt.

Later,

Josh
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2005, 08:16:35 pm »

Both the coin mech and DBV are 117 volt.   From what I have seen, the 3340-s coin mech and the 3341-s are pretty much identical except for the wireing harness to connect the DBV to it.  I am not sure if the logic boards inside are identical, if so I sould be able to just switch out the harness, my other option I think is a harness I saw that runs wires from the jones plug and the 2 wires from the coin mech to the 7 wires at the DBV.  The later harness was listed for multi- price machines though which I believe are 24 volt machines so I am not sure if it will support a 117 volt machine.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: