SMC Discussion Areas
May 15, 2024, 01:30:17 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Seal between cabinet and door  (Read 3611 times)
davet426
« on: December 23, 2006, 11:59:17 am »

Well finally some time off for the holiday to start on my machines. New tools and compressor are itching to go! I thought my Cav was original paint but the more I look at it I'm wondering???

The rubber seal for the door should it be black on the outside when the door is closed? Mine is painted red.

If it is suppose to black is there a good paint stripper for rubber? Or would I be better off purchasing a new one

If better of purchasing a new one? From where?

Thanks
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2006, 01:23:35 pm »

Are you talking about the main door gasket?? If so, I have just had a quick look in my Funtronics Cat and can't see any pre-formed and drilled ones for the CAVALIER. But they do have material like the original for 1.50 a foot.

Don't know if Soda Jerk has it pre-formed. If you can get it pre-formed I think its worth the extra. Otherwise, personally I'd just replace it.

Dave
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2006, 02:01:35 pm »

If it's painted, then pretty good chance the machine was repainted..originals should be all black..
I'd replace it if your going throug the trouble of repainting anyways...

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
sodaworks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2006, 03:19:34 pm »

I would replace them. The SodaJerk Works or Funtronics will have all the parts you need.

TERRY@SODAWORKS RESTORATIONS
Lots of Round Top machines
Buy-Sell-Trade-Restorations
aspbear1
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2006, 04:53:27 pm »

Replace it,  they do not cost that much and can really save some headaches as for as cooling.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: