SMC Discussion Areas
May 01, 2024, 06:20:58 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Do we have an faq here at this site?  (Read 3631 times)
« on: January 04, 2005, 07:48:51 pm »

Is there a FAQ I am not seeing somewhere?
Let me clarify. I just got my first Coke machine (1957) Vendo 216 MD (as you are all probably sick of me saying ':p' ) and it needs some cleaning up, wire fixes, etc.

I have a lot of questions like what kinds of cleaners/soaps can I use to scrub the exterior without damaging the finish/paint? Dish soap or something stronger? How about "Goo Gone"?

Is it o.k. to leave some rust if I'm not fully restoring it, etc.

If there were an FAQ with tips on restoring/cleaning up Coke machines I wouldn't have to kepp bothering all of you with so many quesions.

If there is no FAQ, no biggie, but I just thought I'd ask. I will also continue doing searches.

Thanks guy for everything.
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2005, 08:27:05 pm »

Use rubbing compound, the stuff you get at the auto parts store for faded paint. Or call a mobile detail company. They have a high speed buffer that will save you hours. Follow up by waxing.
                                                                 Glen

Glen
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2005, 09:04:58 pm »

I like to use polishing compound. It takes less paint off when using it. I have burnt through a few machines paint using rubbing compound. The origional pain jobs were so thin. As for your amount of questions I think I can speak for everyone here to please feel free to ask as much as you want. I know I have asked my fair share of questions.
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2005, 10:07:46 pm »

Quote (loman4ec @ Jan. 05 2005,8:04)
I like to use polishing compound. It takes less paint off when using it. I have burnt through a few machines paint using rubbing compound. The origional pain jobs were so thin. As for your amount of questions I think I can speak for everyone here to please feel free to ask as much as you want. I know I have asked my fair share of questions.

Thanks so much loman4ec, that means a lot.

I think I will start a new thread in the Pre-60's category about my machine and keep adding questions to it.
Thanks so much,
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: