SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 02:51:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo 81D Liner assembly  (Read 4082 times)
KennyG

« on: December 26, 2011, 05:23:31 pm »

Hello,
I am a newbie.  I am working on a Vendo 81D Coke machine.  My computer crashed and I have lost my disassembly pics.  I am reassembling the liner into the cabinet.  Does anyone have any pics of this?  I have the old hardware in labeled in ziploc bags. I just want to reassemble correctly. I have 2 pins with washers and nuts, 4 thick spacers, 4 thinner spacers and 4 nuts, 10 springs and 8 clips and 6 "threaded clips".  Any help would be appreciated.  I have a feeling I will need a lot of it too.
Thanks
Ken
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2011, 05:58:38 pm »

The pins with washers and nuts as well as the threaded clips are probably for the stainless steel dividers that separate the red and white on the outside of the machine, so you had better install those prior to the liner.
      The thick washers go on the 4 studs prior to the liner going in, then the thinner ones go under the nuts and these all insulate the cold liner from the cabinet. You should also have these same type washers for the latch reciever.
      The springs and clips hold the breaker strips in place and are installed after the liner is in. Hope this helps.

Glen
KennyG

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2011, 06:21:16 pm »

Thanks for the quick reply and help.  You are right.  I do have the same type washers for the latch. With your help I can now get the liner attached to the cabinet.
However I have already installed the separator pieces with different hardware--threaded type studs and threaded cap -type nuts. I seem to remember the pins coming off the liner and they were in my liner assembly zip-lock bag.
KennyG

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2011, 11:42:58 am »

I think the pins are supposed to be installed on the left side of the liner(there are two holes there) to pick up the vend mechanism when it gets installed.  Does that sound right?
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2011, 02:03:38 pm »

Oh , the 6 threaded clips hold the bottle stack in place.

Glen
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2011, 09:41:16 am »

I have several "Reassembly" photos on my website that I do for each customer when redoing their machine.. you can look through there and probably get most of what you need..

www.popmachineshop.com.. go to "recent restorations" and look through those photos.. hope it helps.

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
KennyG

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2011, 11:02:14 am »

Thank you--I will do that
BrianS
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2011, 12:52:04 pm »

Kenny,

John's site is great and he is a top notch guy. I actually used the photo gallery he is referring to on more than one occasion when I was trying to figure out some of the same things you are dealing with.  If your end product comes anywhere close to what he shows in his photos, you will be thrilled.

Brian

Vendo 56 - restored
Vendo 81 - in progress
Vendo 39 - in the rough
Rockola 1428 - Original
1959 Williams Pinch Hitter
Wurlitzer 1400
1930 Koken Barber Pole
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: