SMC Discussion Areas
May 20, 2024, 10:39:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I am going to say it, if nobody else will. Watch what you post!!!  (Read 11207 times)
Chedki
25 Cent Member

« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2009, 02:29:38 pm »

I have an idea and this may not work or may be dumb but could we make a section only for certain members? There are several members here that are considered to be trusted loyal members but they may not have 500 messages yet. Each member could apply for access to the topic and Jim or someone else determines if they are eligible. That way the trusted members even if they are not soda jerks can view the topic. Is that possible or is it too hard?

I like this idea as it would take forever for some of us to obtain 500 messages. My wish list would be just a non-embossed Quikold Standard.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 02:12:42 pm by Chedki » Logged

Royal Crown Cola Ideal 55 slider
Nichol Kola Quikold Standard
Chedki
25 Cent Member

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2009, 02:42:05 pm »

there was a Quikold a few months ago that I am sure Eric would have wanted, but next thing you know the item got driven up on price and he lost out. Not saying it was all due to it being posted, but you just never know.
Brian

Sorry to those that got ticked off about this, but I had posted several months ago that I needed several parts from a Quikold Standard for my bullet-riddled Nichol Kola Quikold Standard. That was why I bid on it as I really needed the parts from this non-generic machine to complete my machine. Besides, I never heard from the seller after emailing her several times. You can see that I posted a negative for her on this transaction.

Anyhow, if anybody has a lead on a NON-EMBOSSED Quikold Standard and Eric has no need for it, then please PM me as I would like to know about it. More than anything else, I need the base for the Quikold Standard machine. Thanks for any leads on helping me to complete my machine. I do have the lids for this machine due to a heads-up from Eric several months ago. Thanks again Eric.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 02:13:17 pm by Chedki » Logged

Royal Crown Cola Ideal 55 slider
Nichol Kola Quikold Standard
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2009, 02:53:03 pm »

I don't see the need for a new post  or another project for Jim
I vote lets start a Wish List Post of machines, coolers and/or parts needed... Stuff someone
is really wanting to ad to their collection... and just PM the guy/gal if something turns up... I'm looking for parts and machines  for certain members now...
As I'm sure there are buddy's looking out for me... Just let me/us know who is wanting what...
Chris we'll complete that cooler yet! happydrinkers

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
Seven181
Soda Jerks

« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2009, 03:45:55 pm »

Hey Chris. I was not talking about the Quikold you bid on but another one. It was brand name one, no big deal. I like the wish list idea and those who want to help others, great. It also let's us all keep an eye out for other things members want.

B

Brian  happydrinkers
GreginNM
Soda Jerks

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2009, 05:04:25 pm »

Great discussion guys!  I know where you are coming from, Brian, and we've talked about this before a number of times in person!  I think the wish list is a good idea.  Perhaps PMing leads to members is best, although if Jim is willing and interested in making the other ideas a reality, then fine.  I know I still have a ways to go before getting into the other part of the forum, so I'll have to wait on those leads a bit longer.  I have seen the results from posting leads on here in the open as well, so I now PM the members I know are looking for something when I find a good lead.  Sad we have to do this, but it's just the way things are these days!

Larry, right behind you on getting to the magic "500"!

Greg

Vendo: 39B, Standard
Jacobs: 35
Ideal: 35 DP
Westinghouse: WB-66-MD, WD-10, Junior, Standard
SelectiVend: S-48 DP x 2
SelVend: S-47 7up
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2009, 06:25:48 pm »

I vote for the wish list idea.
Maybe a topic could be pinned at the top and some of the powers that be here could consolidate the entries into one post at the top much like Creighton did with the eBay/SMC names.

I don't know if the 'Auction Items' forum is open to all, but maybe Jim could release it. Then you could always post a want in the 'Wish List' thread, then one of the admins could add it to the pinned post.
It would be open for all to see, but the PM would keep 'the find' private.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2009, 08:17:59 pm »

Since everyone is chiming in on this... I think just putting your wishes out there, and the PM thing would work best.. let's not complicate it with a new thread and who asked first scenarios.. that could and will just get ugly....
Remember the hunt is what makes this hobby fun.. and sometimes another guy just happens to be in the right place at the right time.

Good luck to all on the Hunt!..

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2009, 09:59:24 pm »

Here is another angle........I bought an 81 today from a guy who also has
an American Vendor round style as well as a ton of square corner machines. I saw it,
it's straight and the guy I talked to says he has all the parts. I paid $250 for his 81 after he came up with the coin mech and all the parts so he really doesn't know market value.
(He is advertising that he wants $200 for most every machine) biggrin
        Anyways we could just post a picture or a lead here and have members PM us directly to pass on information?
        So here is his pic that I can share in a public forum....if anyone wants an American Vendor PM me, I think it's still in the $200 to $300 price range

Glen
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2009, 07:21:58 am »

I see this has become an interesting topic!
I have no problem creating a new forum, but I don't think this would get utilized...
Currently, the Soda Jerks forum gets little use and this was put in place just for this reason...
I think the best method may be PM/Email to a particular member.

Currently I have this info:

Group          Members   Posts
Newbie      321     0
5 Cent Member   21    50
10 Cent Member   19    100
25 Cent Member    15    250
Soda Jerks      29    500

Currently, with 29 Soda Jerks, it's obvious that our community is growing! It's also apparent based on this discussion that everyone sees opportunity in a different way and because our numbers are increasing, it may difficult to keep a lid on certain deals once posted on SMC! I want No Body to take offense, but the more people we gain into the Soda Jerks Members, the more potential we have for a "bad apple" to spoil the bunch. I'm not pointing any fingers, just reiterating what I've learned as many of you have pointed out... Again, for the sake of security until a deal has been sealed, utilize PM/Email to contact other members of possible interests they may have!
We could also create a "Wish List" Topic and pin this to the top of... perhaps the Swap Meet Area Forum... Or some other forum that everyone feels more appropriate.

My six cents,

Jim

Sodak Bob
25 Cent Member

« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2009, 08:13:07 am »

Interesting discussion - I remember a couple of years ago when I posted the Pepsi Quikold Jr. in estimated values.  I had more members PM me to shut my trap until the deal was done than anything - good advice.  Once anyone spends enough time here - we all get a good feeling of who collects what - and their general location...  Several good ideas here, but its still going to be hard to be fair to everyone  and still get the info out there.....

Bob
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: